What Is Your Favorite Movie Scene Of All Time?? (1 Viewer)

Braveheart: The battle scene where horses start charging, man, turn up the volume on that one every time, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Evil Dead II: The scene where Bruce Campbell's hand gets possesed, if you've seen it, you know.

The Sixth Sense: SPOILER ALERT (just in case) Bruce Willis realizes he's one of the dead people.

Holy Grail: Anything out of this movie qualifies, really, but my favorite is the knights who say ni, er no-the witch trial, no wait--the bridge crossing scene.

thought of 2 more

Ghostbusters: the whole sequence before during, and after the summoning of the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man

The Princess Bride: "My name is Inego Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

there are alot from josey wales

i like the whole movie, one of the best along with cucko's nest

one scene that is really good is when chief george and josey are riding after the gunfight in the town and they loose the indian girl - josey says its always like that, when i start liking someone they arent around long, chief say: i notice when you dont like someone they arent around long eithier - josey then gives him a look and spits on the dog

Gangs of New York:

1. Opening battle between Bill the Butcher and Priest Vallon. BtB goes from prim top hat- wearing aristocrat to hatchet-wielding, skullcap-wearing maniac and gives a helluva pre-battle speech.

2. BtB knife-throwing at his "assistant" Cameron Diaz. "Oopsy Daisy!"

3. BtB throwing a hatchet in the Irish sheriff's back. "This is called the minority vote."

Final Verdict: Great character for a weakly-plotted film. Daniel Day-Lewis is the shizzle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Roy:

1. Introduction of the villain Archibald Cunningham

Argyll: So, Mr. Cunningham, what are these principle sins that distress your mother? Dice? Drink? Or are you a buggerer of boys?
Cunningham: It is years, Your Grace, since I buggered a boy... And in my own defense, I must add, I thought him a girl at the moment of entry.
Argyll: Do you hear that, Will? Young Cunningham here was unable to tell arse from quim. What say you to that?
Will Guthrie: I've heard that many Englishmen have that same difficulty.

2. Disturbing scene with Cunningham and Mary McGregor (Jessica Lange): "Tell him Archibald Cunningham is at his service!"

3. Final swordfight between Cunningham and Rob Roy. The best fencing scene in my sparse knowledge of cinematic history.

Verdict: Tim Roth is The Man (TM)

----------------------------------------------------
A Few Good Men:

1. Tom Cruise catching Jack Nicholson in a lie on the stand: "No sir, that's not what you said, you said he was in 'grave danger.' You said he was in danger, I said 'Grave danger?' you said 'Is there another kind?' I can have the court reporter read back to you-----"

----------------------------------------------------
Pulp Fiction:

1. Marsellus Wallace's "pride ****ing with you" speech.

2. Vincent and Jules' debate over foot massages: "Touching his wife's feet and stickin his tongue in the holiest of holies ain't the same ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't the same ******* sport!"

3. Jules Winfield's "I'm a mushroom cloud-layin' mutha-*****, mutha-*****" tirade

---------------------------------------------------
Internal Affairs:

1. Andy Garcia handing his wife her soiled panties and then slapping the taste out her mouth in the middle of a high-class restaurant after he thought he'd caught her cheating on him.

Anything from shawshank.

I love the part when the Warden has read the newspaper and goes to the safe. Pulls out the bible and there is a note saying, "You were right, salvation lies within" (or words to that effect), and you see how Andy hid the rock hammer.

None shall pass

Really just about any scene from that movie...

Absolutely....it's hard to pick one scene from that movie.

One of my many favorites:

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]
King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?
Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.
King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.
Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.
Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...
Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...
Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Brother Maynard: Amen.
All: Amen.
King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.
Galahad: Three, sir.
King Arthur: Three.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjeJi07O7uQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FjeJi07O7uQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
:_rofl: :_rofl: :_rofl: :_rofl: .....classic.

Last edited:
"It's like, you know your perspective's ****ed, so you just let your fingers work the controls as if you were straight."

Shawshank is a great movie.

Like someone said, "My name is Inego Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." One of the greatest lines in a movie ever!!!!

This scene from Chinatown has always been one of my favorites:

Jake Gittes: I just want to know what you're worth. Over ten million?
Noah Cross: Oh my, yes.
Jake Gittes: Why are you doing it? How much better can you eat? What can you buy that you can't already afford?
Noah Cross: The future, Mr. Gitts, the future.

The scene in Groundhog Day where Bill Murray, having already lived the day and found out that Andie MacDowell was an 18th century French literature major in college, begins to recite an old French poem at dinner- classic...

I didn't read the thread so this has probably been said but the scene when Golum argues with himself and Smeegle tells Golum to go away. The guy should have won Academy award for that scene.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom