Music What Song/Album Are You Listening To? (1 Viewer)

CanuckSaint26

Bring 'Em To The Dome!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Very Simple, just a thread about what song you are currently listening to, usually reminds people of past songs that they used to enjoy, and just shows the taste of music of people.

When You Were Young - The Killers

followed by

Santeria - Sublime

Enjoy!

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Going to this tonight, I’m on this work trip in Minneapolis and just happened to see it on the theater marquis. Pretty cool - I love that trippy old shirt. I listen to Atom Heart Mother quite a bit.

Yatman

threadkiller
Reaction score
Watched Bohemian Rhapsody again the other night and went looking through YT for some old Queen nuggets.

Found one of pure gold: George Michael singing "Somebody To Love" at the Freddie tribute at Wembley in 1992.

Only FM could've done it better, and not by much. Queen clearly appreciate GM's effort. See for yourself.

Reaction score
Want something different? Mongolian Metal.

Warrior music for sure. Mongolia is currently ranked 89 out of 137 countries with measurable military strength. They are sandwiched between Russia and China, so they are probably allies with these super powers. globalfirepower.com

I think it's pretty good. Since I don't understand what their singing, it makes it even more terrifying. Who knows if the subtext is correctly transcribed?

How about Ancient Hebrew?

You will want to start at the one minute mark. This music will chase evil spirits away, well, at least I think so.

Last edited:

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Have you listened to the album yet? I think it’s pretty good - the reviews have been very positive. The content is really good, I just think the songs lack some of the hook that her last album had.

I’m going to see her at the High Water Fest in Charleston in two weeks. Mitski, Phosphorescent, and Leon Bridges also that day. Should be decent.
Just following up on this @slowchild25 , I have gotten way more into the Jenny Lewis record - and I now think its better than Voyagers. The songwriting is stronger and deeper, I think. And wow, that band. The bass and keys for the whole record is Don Was and Benmont Tench, wow. Tench's organ work on "Heads Gonna Roll" is killer. Ringo is on a pair of songs and Jim Keltner (who has played with everyone - was the Traveling Wilburys drummer) is on the rest . Beck is on a pair of songs (he produced) and though it isn't mentioned (due to the allegations) Ryan Adams plays guitar on a few tracks. The album was recorded in the LA studio where Sinatra recorded and Jenny plays the same grand piano that Carole King used on Tapestry. It's quite amazing actually that you get so much of that stuff on one record - but the songs are all Jenny Lewis. It took a while for it to really get hooks in me but I dig it.

Fred Armisen wrote the press:
https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/fred-armisen-wrote-the-press-bio-for-jenny-lewis-new-album

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Also @slowchild25, that Phoebe Bridgers / Conor Oberst album "Better Oblivion Community Center" has also really grown on me! It's good - have you checked it out?

It was on in the coffee shop the other day. I was in there working on a memo and I looked over at the twenty-something hipster barista who was enjoying it (she had obviously put it on) and I thought about saying something but I didn't. But it probably would have surprised her that the middle-aged work guy typing in the shop actually knows that whole album.

slowchild25

happy in the haze
Reaction score
Also @slowchild25, that Phoebe Bridgers / Conor Oberst album "Better Oblivion Community Center" has also really grown on me! It's good - have you checked it out?
I hadn't listened to that one yet. Have it on right now and so far I'm liking it a lot.

But it probably would have surprised her that the middle-aged work guy typing in the shop actually knows that whole album.
That's probably about 90% of the demographic listening to those albums :LOL:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NOFALCONS10 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3

Headlines

Top Bottom