What's the long-term impact of this? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will be really interesting to see how this impacts ticket sales, ratings in NOLA moving forward. Just perusing this board of diehards, it's pretty clear it's going to be hurt to some degree. Everything is raw now so many that are saying they're finished may be back by the time the draft rolls around.

But others, like me, were on halfway on the fence already and this just impaled me.

Part of my youth and something I loved died yesterday. I don't think it will be back. It's not worth it knowing that it's so random at best, fake at worst.

Sad day for thousands of New Orleans football fans and could change the city and team forever. Maybe this is an overreaction. We'll see.

The long term impact is that they'll make some kind of rule change that gets used against us in the future.

My love for NFL football in general has definitely taken a hit. My love for the Saints has not and I don't think it ever will. Its just too ingrained in me for that to change. So unfortunately the NFL will still get my money when it comes to my support of the Saints. I will, however, make a conscious effort to not get so emotionally involved anymore and just look at it as a game and a few hours of entertainment on Sundays instead of something I spend so much time on.

Hate to say it but this lost kind of have that feeling of a losing season knowing that there is no hope for the future. I will always love my team but this stings. In the Drew Brees era, I counted that he should have at least 3 to 4 Super Bowls already. What hurts is next year could be his last year and we don't know what is going to happen going forward. And honestly it is scary. We are so use to Brees being the constant and always have this hope for the next season, no matter the record. But this will come to an end. Sound really depressing.

The NFL will never get another penny of my money. I'll probably watch the Saints on broadcast tv next year, but no ESPN or NFL network.

I'm permanently out. The relationships I've built over the years while following the Saints will still be there, but I can't continue investing my time, energy and finances in a product I know is not on the up-and-up. I dropped pro wrestling like a hot potato at about age 12. Pro boxing at about 18. Can't believe it took until almost 60 to run from the NFL. College football is next I'm afraid.

I'm disappointed and sad but my team is my team....I'm not going anywhere. I've seen several heart breaking endings to a season and they all feel like this for a week but I get over it. We're gonna be good again next year. They knock you down you get right back up.

I'm permanently out. The relationships I've built over the years while following the Saints will still be there, but I can't continue investing my time, energy and finances in a product I know is not on the up-and-up. I dropped pro wrestling like a hot potato at about age 12. Pro boxing at about 18. Can't believe it took until almost 60 to run from the NFL. College football is next I'm afraid.
This is where I’m at. I dropped the NFL for two years in 2015 and 2016, and then came back to it, and what did I receive in return?

The Minnesota Miracle and this highway robbery.

Yeah. No thanks.

I think a lot is going to depend on how the team responds. And I think it is really hard to get the same inspiration that drove us after the self-inflicted Minny game to drive us to the same extent and with the same purpose all over again.

Though at the end of the day this is still a young dynamic team with a bright future.

Unfortunately it's also a team with a QB that might have only one more year in him and some notable holes needing filled at various positions and it's not clear we have the space or assets to fill them.

I semi retired years ago and when Drew goes I will fully.

No long term impact. With all of the lawsuits football won’t be football anyways in a decade.

Imo.

I'm disappointed and sad but my team is my team....I'm not going anywhere. I've seen several heart breaking endings to a season and they all feel like this for a week but I get over it. We're gonna be good again next year. They knock you down you get right back up.

Ground Hog Day II, and III, and IV ...

My team will always be my team, but I’m not a fan of the WWE.

After I (hopefully) get over this today, I'm not going to think about the Saints or NFL for a long time. I love the team, but after they did everything right this season to host the NFC Championship it's unbelievable that the NFL would allow its referees to blow the game so egregiously in the Superdome of all places. Why would I allow myself to get emotionally invested in something that the league doesn't even bother to attempt to make fair? Multiple refs saw the play and had an opportunity to make it right. I don't think it was rigged, but there is no reason in the world to trust that the NFL won't just fork it up again. I don't see how it's worth it to care about this any more.

Remember how you felt after the Minnesota game last year? Just give it some time. Sign a few good WR and start pulling for an MVP season for Drew and a rematch with the Rams.

After I (hopefully) get over this today, I'm not going to think about the Saints or NFL for a long time. I love the team, but after they did everything right this season to host the NFC Championship it's unbelievable that the NFL would allow its referees to blow the game so egregiously in the Superdome of all places. Why would I allow myself to get emotionally invested in something that the league doesn't even bother to attempt to make fair? Multiple refs saw the play and had an opportunity to make it right. I don't think it was rigged, but there is no reason in the world to trust that the NFL won't just fork it up again. I don't see how it's worth it to care about this any more.

I used to not. Have for a few years.
Why I backed out emotionally awhile back.
They didn’t ‘allow’ it, they encouraged it.
This is a multi billion dollar industry. The NFL is a business. They need LA to generate a buzz.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom