What's the long-term impact of this? (1 Viewer)

It's that what this has cemented is something "kafkaesque" about NFL games, to use and SAT word. Basically, when thinking about a football game now, I don't really look forward to it...I have the sense of dread like you do if you're going to City Hall to try to fight the power...

You can't win and you know they have a million tricks to counter your best most just approaches. And they'll do it soulessly and remorselessly.

You now feel every play whether by bad call or no call is an opportunity for punishment, not for enjoyment, entertainment or escape. The purpose being a fan is negated...it's not rewarding, it's punitive.

So...you have to pull back.

That's a great take and I agree. Pat Kirwan commented on this before and it's so true. After every play, good or bad, you can't really celebrate for 10 seconds because you need to wait for the flag.

Whether true, most likely, or not true, the perception now with Saints fans is the league is out to get them. No matter what happens moving forward, no one will trust anything the leagues says or does. I mean most of us already didn't but this is the killshot.

All credibility vanquished.

everyone thats saying they will never watch again will be back there in August...

everyone thats saying they will never watch again will be back there in August...

That's the struggle for me. I love the game. I may impose a self ban on SR.com just to try and get over my addiction to the NFL.

I haven’t posted here in forever. I’m just as angry as all of you. And this is not like the Minnesota game. That was self-inflicted. We were robbed on this one. We were deprived of the Super Bowl. I can’t tolerate that. I will always support the hometown and our Saints, but I will not support the NFL. Quite the conundrum. Was at the dome last weekend, the highest of highs to the lowest of lows here in So.Cal where there are no Ram fans, by the way. I’m dropping directv. For me to come back, the commish would need to invoke the rule and replay the game from the spot of the foul, first and goal from the 3 or 6 yard line, less than two minutes and the Rams having one time out. Don’t do that, then the hell with it.

Probably not. And a significant number of those who come back will now watch games with enhanced skepticism. Not good for a company that claims everything's about "the integrity of the game". :jpshakehead:

Whatever they accomplished last night, the NFL has taken another huge hit to the brand. They lost fans permanently with the pregame protests. They'll lose even more as a result of poor officiating.

Probably not. And a significant number of those who come back will now watch games with enhanced skepticism. Not good for a company that claims everything's about "the integrity of the game". :jpshakehead:

Whatever they accomplished last night, the NFL has taken another huge hit to the brand. They lost fans permanently with the pregame protests. They'll lose even more as a result of poor officiating.
im upset but i am over it, bc if it was what people are thinking, they can sign everyone all pro player in the league and it wont matter if you arent the annointed teams that "they" want to go...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom