Which pill do you take? (2 Viewers)

Which pill do you take?

• Red Pill

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Blue Pill

Votes: 16 45.7%

• Total voters
Easy, just tell Loomis to draft Drew Brees and hire Sean Payton.

Maybe we win more than a single Superbowl.

Or more controversially, we tell Mueller to hire Bill Belicheck and draft Tom Brady. :)

>>Maybe we win more than a single Superbowl.

At that fateful moment, kick Goodell's dad in the balls.

I wonder if it would be possible to go back in time, could you prevent something like 9/11. Assuming you're just an average Joe. Getting people to believe you would be the hard part.
Sounds a little bit like the Stephen King book, 11/22/63, where a guy tried to prevent the JFK assassination by going back in time.

Do none of you red pill people have children? Are you willing to retain the memories of your kids, knowing that you may make choices (intentionally or unintentionally) that prevent their birth and that you never get to see them again?
There's no "may" about it, you go back your kids are gone.

Think about everything that would have to happen for you meet your spouse/mate at the right place and time, if you use your knowledge to make a boatload of money why would you both be working at that pizza place, and if you did meet her/him at the right time do they react differently to you if you're a millionaire?

You could warp back to the day your child was conceived and still things would turn out differently, you're mentally much older, and know a lot more bedroom tricks, know more about what she likes than you did first time around, so you climax an hour later than you originally did, she gets pregnant but you get a boy when you had a girl before or vice versa, even if the gender is the same maybe personality wise (or even looks wise) the kid is totally different. And nature/nurture comes into play. You parent differently than you did, change things you wish you could, kid turns out differently.

If you go full Biff, you're rich now, that's different schools, friends, vacations and experiences

Instead of 6 years old, you went back to the day your kid was born you could still end up with a completely different kid than the one you know

Last edited:
This decision is harder than I thought it would be.

At first glance, go back to being a kid is the choice. I can make 10 million easy knowing what I know. I wouldn’t even have to use the stock market.

But I have kids and there isn’t any way you can make life turn out the same way twice. For no other than the for the simple fact that I don’t remember every choice I ever made. I am going to do things differently; it’s inevitable.

which of course is going to affect everything- even if I force certain situations like where I go to school, being at the exact time and place I met my wife (I don’t even remember the exact day, it was over 20 years ago.) there isn’t any way everything else won’t change.

I am certainly not going to knowingly fall 35’ and break my back when I was 23 - or get the sheet kicked out of me by the police over a crazy girl at 19.

So basically the question really becomes: “are you happy with the way your life turned out?”

In that case, I have to take the money pill. There are plenty of days I would like to do over. Not my whole life, it has been worth it so far.

If you take the red pill you can go all Back to the Future 2 Biff and make way more than 10 million but future friends, spouses, kids will be gone

This......think about all the stocks you would know to buy. $10M would come pretty easy.

, being at the exact time and place I met my wife (I don’t even remember the exact day, it was over 20 years ago.) there isn’t any way everything else won’t change.
Do you think your wife remembers?

The day, the time, the place, what you were wearing, what she was wearing, what was said?

Do you think your wife remembers?

The day, the time, the place, what you were wearing, what she was wearing, what was said?
I remember all of that stuff. We have a memorable beginning. But that is just it. I couldn’t recreate it because I know it happens - like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day trying to recreate the snowball fight so he could kiss Andie McDowell. It came off wooden and she got turned off.

Sounds a little bit like the Stephen King book, 11/22/63, where a guy tried to prevent the JFK assassination by going back in time.
That would be pretty easy. Just kill Oswald.

Stopping 9/11 would be a bit harder. Actually depending on how brave you are you might be able to stop the hijackers on one of the planes - though it would be 5 against 1 and you would have to smuggle better weapons than them (they had boxcutters). But preventing it completely would be something different.

I wouldn't attempt to change anything "major" as it pertains to national or worldwide history. Sadly, sometimes bad things have to happen for good things to result, example Pearl Harbor. There is the story about a nuclear devastated US inventing time travel and sending someone back in time to kill Einstein, only to get back and find that a German scientist had made the same discoveries and the US was run by Nazis. I don't think me saving up money to invest in Apple will have that sort of devastation. And I think I could easily recreate meeting the mother of my children. My children will still be my children no matter what, unless I screw up the meeting. There isn't much at all that I would change in my life before the age of 21.

Yes, and its a bunch of nonsense. Oswald was the lone shooter and there isn't evidence of some grand conspiracy beyond him possibly being "encouraged" by certain parties (such as Cuba - we had been actively trying to assassinator Castro for years)
yes I know, was just joking. It is a great movie though

So let me introduce the Green pill. You go back to 16 with all the knowledge you have amassed about women and 3 million dollars…
So there will be no WOMEN who also go back with more knowledge?

While I would love to go back with all the knowledge I have now because I loved my childhood, I wouldn't choose it. I'll take the money.

So there will be no WOMEN who also go back with more knowledge?

While I would love to go back with all the knowledge I have now because I loved my childhood, I wouldn't choose it. I'll take the money.
Sigh…. “Opposite sex”

I remember all of that stuff. We have a memorable beginning. But that is just it. I couldn’t recreate it because I know it happens - like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day trying to recreate the snowball fight so he could kiss Andie McDowell. It came off wooden and she got turned off.

and that's part of the danger

I'm sure you remember the high points of that conversation, but could you repeat it verbatim?

She says something, you don't remember what you said, you know what you'd say to that now, but that's after being married for X years, not at your first meeting.

You say one wrong thing, the wrong way and the whole thing can go south in a hurry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom