Who is our next 1000 yard back? (1 Viewer)

Who is our next 1000 yard rushers?

• Reggie Bush

Votes: 102 35.5%
  • Deuce McAllister

Votes: 60 20.9%
  • Pierre Thomas

Votes: 102 35.5%
  • Aaron Stecker

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 7.3%

• Total voters
True

Because you don't have to rush for a 100 yards in a game to rush for 1000 yards in a season?

You're right as usual. A back only needs to rush for 63 yards a game to hit 1,000. Unfortunately Reggie rushed for an average of 35 yards a game in 2006 and 48 yards a game in 2007. Maybe they can extend the NFL season to 21 games so Reggie can hit his 1,000.

You're right as usual. A back only needs to rush for 63 yards a game to hit 1,000. Unfortunately Reggie rushed for an average of 35 yards a game in 2006 and 48 yards a game in 2007. Maybe they can extend the NFL season to 21 games so Reggie can hit his 1,000.

Reggie missed 4 games and was hobbled with an injury for 8. So yeah...if you wanta put your money that he'll never break 1000, be my guest.

Reggie can easily be an 1000 yeard back, the title of the thread doesn't say anything about what type of yards they have to be, and reggie was just a few away from 1000 total yards before his injury this year, and he broke 1000 in 06.

You people can't be serious about Reggie Bush! Called a "Satellite" player because he is used all over. Reggie doesn't get the consistent yards because EVERYONE KEYS ON HIM! Part of being great, other teams try to take you out.

Your honestly telling me you were not about to hit the sky when his name was called for us? Let me guess, "Super Mario" is better? You people will be sticking your feet in your mouths.

based on production at the RB position. Pierre Thomas is better. This is not my opinion, it is what it is.

But since there are alot of college highlight film watcher's here, Reggie Bush is actually winning this poll by 1.

i think it should be reggie bush, if he really works at his craft he could be a really explosive runner. pt looks really good too so well have to wait and see but if i were to bet on it id put my money on bush. man i wish duece comes back strong!!!!

Reggie will be a 1000 yard reciever. And our slot guy this year. You heard it here first.
There's actually a whole other thread about using Reggie in the slot this year.

Duece will need to take a cut in pay to stay
Why is everyone giving up on Deuce already? Who says he can't come back from this surgery and be extremely productive like he was in 2006? With all this new technology and these new surgical procedures, guys can come back almost as strong if not the same as they were before the injury.

I would put my money on which ever our top two backs are this year. there are two reasons for this.

1 any of our backs could rush for 1000. yes even Stecker.

2 the coaching staff will really be focusing on the run. i think training camp this year will be mostly about the line and back working together.

Reggie is third down back or a slot receiver. I have a question how many good plays has Reggie had?, Since being tatooed in the playoff game against the Eagles. Yes there has been some but not enough.
I am going with the guy who has the big heart and has proven he can do it DOOOOOOOCE!!!!

Last edited:
You people can't be serious about Reggie Bush! Called a "Satellite" player because he is used all over. Reggie doesn't get the consistent yards because EVERYONE KEYS ON HIM! Part of being great, other teams try to take you out.

Your honestly telling me you were not about to hit the sky when his name was called for us? Let me guess, "Super Mario" is better? You people will be sticking your feet in your mouths.

You can't tell the Reggie apologists anything different. There is always an excuse for the kid.

You to have a misconception b/c this is not Madden 2008 even though your the coach you don't just make 60 million dollar players change positions. Maybe in high school or college, but when you have guaranteed money you can basically player where you want....and i'm sure thats in his contract. He is a RB !! i'm sure he knows he'll be used all over the field, but they can't just come up to him and say "Hey Reggie, we need you to start playing WR full time b/c PT is the better option" I'm not saying Reggie wouldn't do it, but after the season he might hold out for a trade or something. He's not a puppet, he's a franchise player...and the reason the dome is sold out.

While Reggie capped the selling of the dome off, Drew Brees was the reason the dome is sold out. Once we signed him, sales starting flowing in, and experienced a surge once Reggie was drafted.

That Reggie Bush to widereciever talk is only on this sight so I don't know why people talk about it its actually going to happen....? I mean who are we kidding, seriously, u can hate him all u want but he is still the starting runningback for this team and though he needs improvement he is not gonna lose his starting job to nobody not named Duece and that aint cause I'm a fan or Reggie, its because the most talented back on this team, was the 2nd overall pick whitch means like it or not he is a franchise player and with that u have to have patience and you have to get him better, but everybody that doesn't like Reggie Bush, don't want to see him get better, you can yap about his running all you want, but it didn't slow down the offense, we lost games because of defense, not because Reggie wasn't making USC Highlight plays...he's a building block, but at this point, Drew Brees has the bigger imopact on this team...Reggie has room to grow, but thanks to a Pro Bowl QB...we have time.

That Reggie Bush to widereciever talk is only on this sight so I don't know why people talk about it its actually going to happen....? I mean who are we kidding, seriously, u can hate him all u want but he is still the starting runningback for this team and though he needs improvement he is not gonna lose his starting job to nobody not named Duece and that aint cause I'm a fan or Reggie, its because the most talented back on this team, was the 2nd overall pick whitch means like it or not he is a franchise player and with that u have to have patience and you have to get him better, but everybody that doesn't like Reggie Bush, don't want to see him get better, you can yap about his running all you want, but it didn't slow down the offense, we lost games because of defense, not because Reggie wasn't making USC Highlight plays...he's a building block, but at this point, Drew Brees has the bigger imopact on this team...Reggie has room to grow, but thanks to a Pro Bowl QB...we have time.

When did Reggie get named the starting back?

Reggie was named the starting RB because the starting RB got hurt and not because he was the best. It's also the same reason that Stecker and Thomas became the starting RB's last season.

Putting Reggie at receiver is nothing more than making sure the best 11 football players are on the field at the same time. It's been two years and Reggie has not shown that he can be a franchise runningback. No one is saying that we should get rid of him. he has obvious talent. Why not place him in a position to use that talent best (receiver) instead of where it so obviously does not belong?

Come on. Pierre Thomas has started one game and he had a better game than Reggie has had since his playing days at SC. I'm not trying to say that Pierre > Reggie. I'm saying that after that one game, Reggie's woes are obviously not fueled by poor o-line play or just the usual growing pangs of a guy new to the NFL. He's being misused like many NFL players have been.

If this is the only place you've heard this, then you haven't been listening. I have heard similar remarks about Reggie from several people, one of which was Bill Parcells.

Last edited:
Reggie was named the starting RB because the starting RB got hurt and not because he was the best. It's also the same reason that Stecker and Thomas became the starting RB's last season.

Putting Reggie at receiver is nothing more than making sure the best 11 football players are on the field at the same time. It's been two years and Reggie has not shown that he can be a franchise runningback. No one is saying that we should get rid of him. he has obvious talent. Why not place him in a position to use that talent best (receiver) instead of where it so obviously does not belong?

Come on. Pierre Thomas has started one game and he had a better game than Reggie has had since his playing days at SC. I'm not trying to say that Pierre > Reggie. I'm saying that after that one game, Reggie's woes are obviously not fueled by poor o-line play or just the usual growing pangs of a guy new to the NFL. He's being misused like many NFL players have been.

If this is the only place you've heard this, then you haven't been listening. I have heard similar remarks about Reggie from several people, one of which was Bill Parcells.

MLU, once again, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's about the 11 best playmakers on the field at once. If I was a defensive coordinator, I would love to see Reggie at RB because then I only have to worry about him and Colston. With RB in the slot an PT (or whomever) at RB, now there are 3 gamebreakers to worry about on any given play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom