Why not use Aaron Stecker? (1 Viewer)

TouchdownDeuce

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been reading about Reggie Bush and it sounds like people are sugar -coating his performance due to his ankle. Well if the ankle isnt 100% why is he in there? Aaron Stecker is a more than capable rb that has filled in nicely in the past. I know Aaron`s no Reggie Bush but isnt he better than an injured reggie Bush? Before you start bashing that can I remind you of something. 11 carries for -5 yds, nuff said. Play Stecker next week!

Chinese bandits

All-Pro
Reaction score
Very simple, When Bush is in the game, the defense keys on him creating mismatches for other players. When Stecker is in the game, this does not happen. Bush, although his numbers do not reflect it, is a huge talent and if he is not keyed upon by the defense, will hurt them badly, Stecker has ability, just not like Bush.

mac504

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Very simple, When Bush is in the game, the defense keys on him creating mismatches for other players. When Stecker is in the game, this does not happen. Bush, although his numbers do not reflect it, is a huge talent and if he is not keyed upon by the defense, will hurt them badly, Stecker has ability, just not like Bush.
Bush being a decoy is more important than Stecker getting positive yardage?

If I didn't know any better I would swear the saints had a bunch of mentally disabled players on this team for us to NEED a decoy on every play.

Tony in Brandon

A Hotty Toddy Saints Fan!
Reaction score
Lets see, last week Stecker had a pass thrown his way, bounce off his body, right into the open arms of a Ravens DB to be run back for a touchdown. i'll take Bush anyday :)

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
I just listened to the payton press conference and this will not happen. He said that he is very satisfied with what bush is doing. he particullary made a comment about him picking up the blitz of barder on the henderson td.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just listened to the payton press conference and this will not happen. He said that he is very satisfied with what bush is doing. he particullary made a comment about him picking up the blitz of barder on the henderson td.

Did Payton have his press conference already today?

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he has been running bad all year and having an ankle problem should prevent him from cutting it outside "EVERY TIME" so i dont buy that...but Reggie is better than Aaron Stecker thats why they dont use him ahead of Reggie...even though Stecker would get better rushes out of his chances than Reggie since he keeps hoppin it outside...I could get yards if I was in there...Reggie is just gonna have to learn, but we still have duece so were not in panic mode, just frustrated reggie hasnt broken out and all these other rookie runners have....trust, reggie is as frustrated as us.

King Mello

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
alright i've been reading this for 2 days now... practically since the saints WON the game yesterday and i haven't posted anything yet.. i would condemn most of you as Saints fans for the way that u've reacted on Reggie.. after all this team has been through u would think that we at least would kno a little sumthing of humility.. but no, u toss this guy under the bus in his ROOKIE season.. this is utterly rediculous.. this kid has been proned to make homeruns every game since he first held a football in his hand.. he never had to look for holes he made them himself.. and now he's in the NFL where he has to pick up a totally new style of running and mind set.. that doesn't happen over night people, it takes time, lots of time.. and for a second there i figured if anyone knew about things taking time it would've been the fans of our beloved New Orleans Saints... but after witnessing the posts and threads these past 2 days i stand completely corrected.. but all i have to say is this when this kid becomes the player everyone has long dreamed of.. i want you to find a place who lives for "bandwagon" fans cause this isnt the place for em.. and to think that some of you consider yourselves "die-hard" fans...

BIGPOPPA

Goodell BLOWS!!!!!
Reaction score
Why not Stecker? Well, simply because he demands no respect from the defense. Honestly, I'm not sure why he's still on the team. I would rather have kept Branch. Stecker has been a disappointment since coming to N.O.

Burtifus

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Bush just isn't a decoy we fake to on any given play ... he's what every defense in the NFL will key on to stop first and foremost. That's a huge advantage for our team and if you don't think the lineman and linebackers attack a little extra when we run fake to the 'media darling' you're not watching the games.

He's not only having to adjust to the NFL .. he's also having to adjust to every team gunning for him on every down. You think Laurence Maroney has that going against him? Colston? Give the kid a break he's got a bigger jump from College to the NFL then almost any rookie ever ... he's getting LT type attention from NFL defenses w/o the time to adjust to just the regular NFL first.

Redlands Saints

killing threads daily
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
go back and watch the game film. when the bucs D would stop Bush they high five and pat each other on the back. teams are working so hard to not let this kid bust something loose that the minute they think he's getting the ball in the backfield they bring every free Dback that can get there, why do you think we've had wr's so open in some of these games. if this team has to pay a few millions for bush to be a decoy until he gets a handle on the pro game its money well spent. I watched bush play for a while, being out here on the west coast and some of the holes he ran through at USC were big enough for my 44 year old over weight rear end to get open through. now he needs to learn to find a seam, a small gap in the line. yea he doesn't have brute force of deuce but in space as they say he will leave guys behind. be patient

brockmeaux

I'm Batman
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
prove it.....
How many times have you seen Reggie get tackled by a lone defender with no help coming when he runs the ball? The fact that there are always two or three guys swarming to him when he touches it on the ground means that, even though it's only momentary, those guys are biting on play action to Reggie and when that happens, that half-second of separation kills defenses when you have a guy like Drew Brees spreading the ball around. That's why I'll take 11 carries for -5 yards...I eventually want those stats to improve, but losing those 5 total yards, in the grand scheme of things, isn't a big deal because it lets Marques Colston and Devery Henderson both go over 100 in a game and lets Mike Karney get two easy first downs and lets Billy Miller, I repeat, Billy Miller get opportunities to catch balls on big plays. We don't abandon letting Reggie try to run the ball, so defenses have to respect the possibility that every time he's in the backfield he might get it, loss of yardage or not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom