Why not use Aaron Stecker? (1 Viewer)

prove it.....

How many times have you seen Reggie get tackled by a lone defender with no help coming when he runs the ball? The fact that there are always two or three guys swarming to him when he touches it on the ground means that, even though it's only momentary, those guys are biting on play action to Reggie and when that happens, that half-second of separation kills defenses when you have a guy like Drew Brees spreading the ball around. That's why I'll take 11 carries for -5 yards...I eventually want those stats to improve, but losing those 5 total yards, in the grand scheme of things, isn't a big deal because it lets Marques Colston and Devery Henderson both go over 100 in a game and lets Mike Karney get two easy first downs and lets Billy Miller, I repeat, Billy Miller get opportunities to catch balls on big plays. We don't abandon letting Reggie try to run the ball, so defenses have to respect the possibility that every time he's in the backfield he might get it, loss of yardage or not.

isn't a big deal because it lets Marques Colston and Devery Henderson both go over 100 in a game

Opposing teams around the NFL must be pretty dumb to over focus on a RB who 's proven to be an ineffective running back at the expense of Brees and our talented WRs.Who are proven.

Opposing teams around the NFL must be pretty dumb to over focus on a RB who 's proven to be an ineffective running back at the expense of Brees and our talented WRs.Who are proven.

YOu would think so, huh, but they're still keying Bush like crazy. Eventually they'll stop :D

I agree. And yet here we are watching exactly that happen, week after week. Eventually the focus on Bush is going to stop. Right now I think it's more about "nobody wants to be the team he breaks out against." Posterized, if you will. I really believe that the first time somebody dares to take that linebacker out of the box (or puts in an extra DB) to help cover Colston while Reggie is in the backfield, we're going to see what we've been waiting for. But if you were running a defense, who would you have more faith that you could bottle up one-on-one...a 7th round draft pick who, despite all his numbers, is to most people still just a lucky-to-be-here 7th round pick, or Reggie Bush, all-everything in college with speed and moves to burn and more media attention than any rookie in the past decade (and hence, your outstreched arms grasping at air as he scores his first rushing TD all over ESPN for a couple weeks)? But somebody's going to take that gamble one day, and we're all going to be very happy about it.

Reggie "if he can finally learn how to find holes will definately prove why he deserve all the attention he got.
Stecker is good, he's a fine backup and add very good depth there but don't sit Reggie bush out if he can play at any point, We've been winning games just because reggie's body is on the field, Reggie is trying to find his way.

Put it this way you take him out and everybody knows Duece will be carrying that ball 80% of the time when a running play is called, stecker might get a couple but rarely.

On the other hand Faking to Reggie and throwing deep has been working all season long, why take that out and start losing just to satisfy anyone's Hate Lust for Reggie because he hasn't been this Superman everybody expected him to be.
I've read all of your post and Mac you've never really agreed on us taking reggie in the Drafts in the first place, it appears you have this deep inner hate for the man and he's the key reason we are 6-2 with him doing Next to nothing statistically for himself, "TEAM WIZE" he's Done ALOT!.

Ive been reading about Reggie Bush and it sounds like people are sugar -coating his performance due to his ankle. Well if the ankle isnt 100% why is he in there? Aaron Stecker is a more than capable rb that has filled in nicely in the past. I know Aaron`s no Reggie Bush but isnt he better than an injured reggie Bush? Before you start bashing that can I remind you of something. 11 carries for -5 yds, nuff said. Play Stecker next week!

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988&highlight=common

Did you notice the saints 3 touchdown passes thrown in the last game?

The thing they had in common was they all involved play action to bush.

Use him as a decoy til the other teams stop keying him. Then perhaps he'll break one when they stop keying him.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988&highlight=common

Did you notice the saints 3 touchdown passes thrown in the last game?

The thing they had in common was they all involved play action to bush.

Use him as a decoy til the other teams stop keying him. Then perhaps he'll break one when they stop keying him.

Worthless explaining something to somebody who has Deep hatred for a player on the team he's "i think" cheering for, things didn't go his way in drafts so he's gonna Pick pick pick every time Reggie don't produce any Stellar Stats. Incredible.

Why not Stecker? Well, simply because he demands no respect from the defense. Honestly, I'm not sure why he's still on the team. I would rather have kept Branch. Stecker has been a disappointment since coming to N.O.

Stecker is on the team because he can do many things. Payton is the coach and he is turning things into gold right now so I am going to trust him. I am pretty sure we still have Branch on the PS right? I wouldn't call Stecker a disappointment I mean he isn't a franchise player but he can fill in and is a good backup veteran to have on your team.

And no one team wants to be the one Reggie becomes an EFFECTIVE running back against. Kinda how the Saints always make a rookie QB look like Montana. All these teams are making sure Bush doesn't look like Barry Sanders against them, which then allows Horn and Colston to look like a couple of Jerry Rices (<-- now THERE'S a reason cloning should be legal).

and lets Billy Miller, I repeat, Billy Miller get opportunities to catch balls on big plays.

The same Billy Miller, I repeat, Billy Miller that caught about 90 balls for around 1,000 yards for the Texans 02-03? He's getting opportunites to catch balls? I guess the Texans did have Reggie Bush.

The same Billy Miller, I repeat, Billy Miller that caught about 90 balls for around 1,000 yards for the Texans 02-03? He's getting opportunites to catch balls? I guess the Texans did have Reggie Bush.

Yeah, you're right. He's a regular Kellen Winslow Sr. 91 Catches those two years and 24 in his other 5 combined (so far).

Last edited:
Very simple, When Bush is in the game, the defense keys on him creating mismatches for other players. When Stecker is in the game, this does not happen. Bush, although his numbers do not reflect it, is a huge talent and if he is not keyed upon by the defense, will hurt them badly, Stecker has ability, just not like Bush.

Good post.

why is this concept so hard for some people to understand?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom