Will winston be back next year? (3 Viewers)

It's all speculation. No one knows at this point because there are too many variables. I will say if I were JW and this just happened to me, there is zero chance that I sign a 1 year contract again.
This is a fallacy... He's signing a one year deal regardless. It can be 4 or 10 years, but if it's only GTD for one year. It's effectively a one year deal.

I gotta think we will be the number 1 option for all Draft and Free Agent QBs. At least from purely football reasons. Dominant D- check. Excellent special teams- check. All pro RB- check. All pro WR- check. Top 5 OL- check. Outstanding offensive coaching- check. Rodgers/Wilson will be looking at us the way Tom looked at Tampa.

Personally I’d like to run it back with Jaboo. He’s got the personality. He has the heart. I still believe in him. Yesterday hurt

I would sign him to a one year deal because the options at QB are pretty bad either in FA or the draft. I don’t want to trade our picks because we’ve been drafting so well lately. Use those picks for wide receivers, offensive line, and a tight end.

Depends... Lot's of factors now. Does he fully heal before TC? Who else is available? Does Taysom play out of his mind and lead us on a deep playoff run? Do Trevor or Book show some insane growth between now and then? How much will he cost?

I would hope to get either Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson, but if those are not options than I would love to bring back Jameis. Then hopefully land a good rookie QB in the 1st or 2nd.

But I think we will get Aaron Rodgers IMO. If you are a QB of his caliber, you want to play for Sean Payton. He wants out of Green Bay, so if we want him we can have him IMO. It’s just can we afford him and hopefully he doesn’t need top QB money.

Hopefully we could sign him to a Tom Brady type deal. $25 million a season if we could afford that and not 30-40 a year like he’s got now at around ~33.5. He’s already made a ton of money in his career and I see him every other commercial with State Farm.

Then if not I’d try to bring him back on another cheap 1 year deal since he still hasn’t proved he can play a whole year. Then try like hell to land Malik Willis to be our next Taysom, but not the total Taysom. Just someone as a change of pace QB that can run. Then if not hopefully bring back Taysom on a cheap deal

Last edited:
It’s too early to tell. But if we want him back, I think he’s back. His options are going to be limited.

My wish list would be that one of the guys in our "room" blows up this year and we don't have to trade, draft or sign anyone. Outside of that I would take Wilson or Rosgers. Watching Jamie's yesterday and the previous weeks he seems to get spooked in the pocket quickly. Now that could be because he is thinking too much instead of relying on his ability. I am just a fan.

Does he fully heal before TC?
With both the ACL and MCL damage, it's possible he could be ready but not likely. Joe Burrow did it but he's younger than Winston
Who else is available?
Rodgers will definitely be available. Wilson might be available. Hell, Ryan might be available. I'd be happy with any of the them....yes even Matt Ryan.
Does Taysom play out of his mind and lead us on a deep playoff run?
Highly unlikely that this will happen.
Do Trevor or Book show some insane growth between now and then?
Highly unlikely that this will happen but it could.
How much will he cost?
I think Winston would sign 2-3 year contract with some guaranteed money. How much guaranteed will remain to be seen.

The only determinant I can see to whether or not he comes back is his rehab. If it goes well, why wouldn't we? CSP doesn't strike me as a dumb guy

I think it depends on how the rest of this season goes, what his recovery looks like, the draft and what the cap situation looks like next season. Does he get a long term deal? Under the current circumstances, I highly doubt it. Will any other team be willing to give him more than a one year prove it deal? I doubt that too.

Depends... Lot's of factors now. Does he fully heal before TC? Who else is available? Does Taysom play out of his mind and lead us on a deep playoff run? Do Trevor or Book show some insane growth between now and then? How much will he cost?

Pretty much this.

We win with whoever and have playoff success, well there's your starter next season. If we struggle, miss the playoffs...pretty much solidifies bringing back Jameis, assuming surgery is successful.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom