Will winston be back next year? (1 Viewer)

There are gonna be competition for Rodgers and Wilson.

It's a fun pipe dream, but I really doubt it.
Yeah. They'll cost too much in terms of resources for the Saints to obtain them. The resource bidding will quickly get too rich for us. Not to mention the additional players we'll have to lose to afford their salaries.

I'd love to have Wilson, but can't see it.

As to the OP:
Yes, I see Winston staying here, and possibly at a long term salary with a injury out in the event that his acl injury isn't resolved.

I think he has proven his ability as a franchise QB and had almost reached the end of his learning curve under CSP who was molding him from a simply physically talented QB to an all around top tier NFL QB. The Saints will award this with a commensurate salary. Add to that the fact that Winston wants to be here and I think it is a done deal.

I don’t see it any other way unless the team trades for a veteran QB.

It might depend on how Payton and staff feel about Book's progress. In an ideal world, you go with the young guy on a cheap contract and continue to build around him. It will also depend on whether Winston has any other interested teams and whoever else is available that might be on our radar. I think if the price is right, we could definitely re-sign him. If our QB question is still unanswered, I could certainly see another 1 year deal if another team's not offering more, which probably won't be the case due to the injury.

It's possible. It is also possible that not even the fan favorite, lovable, laser rocket armed Jamies Winston could keep Taysom Hill from his starting QB, Steve Young-like destiny.

If we keep Winston.. We are probably going to draft a new qb

It's too soon to say, too many variables. How will the rehab go, will one of the other three guys take the reins and establish themselves at the position, and most importantly, who else will be available? I remember ten years ago Tim Tebow was celebrated for leading the Broncos to a playoff win and looked like their future, but when Peyton Manning became available they dropped him like a hot potato.

That said, I saw enough improvement that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if he comes back as the starter, and I was really skeptical about his prospects prior to the season. It's just unfortunate he wasn't able to play the whole season, and now will be coming back trying to recover from an injury, because his arrow did look like it was pointing up.

Unfortunately for Jameis, I don't think he was able to show enough to earn a big contract. His best bet is probably a deal similar to what Drew signed in 2006 (with adjusted dollars), where the team has an out after the first season. Otherwise he's probably on a one year "prove it" deal again, either in New Orleans or elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind it but I'd look at all options in the offseason and draft. Just wouldn't close the door on JW unless he decides to sign elsewhere.

Yep.

It's gonna be Winston, Malik Willis, and Ian Book next year.

We won't get either Wilson or Rodgers.

Genuinely curious if you have a source or it's speculation/giving an opinion?

No hate, you never know, tons of people on this board have legit inside sources, so I honestly don't know if you were one of them.

I too think Winston will be back. Probably a 3 year contract just North of what T Hill got. If that happens we may lose T Hill though (which would be bad news)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom