Will winston be back next year? (2 Viewers)

I think it depends on how Trevor does. If Trevor wins the Super Bowl with the Saints or goes 9-1 the rest of the season, I don’t think Winston is back.

Considering that he was on the 1 year 'show me' deal, I'd say his future with the Saints is very much up in the air, and it will all depend on how his recovery and rehab goes...

Only one QB i can think of would have played better under these circumstances, that is Russell Wilson.
Yup. Winston is the most physically talented QB Payton's ever coached and was clearly "getting it" and was being unleashed. I think he comes back under an incentive-laden contract with an injury out and gets another shot. Rodgers and Wilson are pipe dreams who would cripple the team for a decade or more.

I think only if they can’t get Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers. I think he’s a good fit but he needs a lot of work on timing and his short/screen/touch passes. Has to learn to lead his receivers not just throw it to them. But hopefully with time and practice he gets that

Jameis will be back next year. He will get a reasonable contract and take it from there. What happens the rest of the year will determine if Siemian or Hill will back next year. Have to assume Book will be here since he is on a low impact rookie contract. Hopefully whoever substitutes for Jameis the rest of the year balls out and the Saints find real success. If that happens then I would imagine there will be another competition in 2022.

If the new starter leads the team on a really deep playoff run and puts up great stats, maybe the Saints would not seek to re-sign Jameis, but given the state of the WR room and the OL injuries, I figure the QB play will be supportive of success, but not out of this world. In that scenario, JW will be back.

He will be back on a 3/60 with about 20 guaranteed (in the form of a signing bonus).

Shows him we have faith in him to recover, while keeping the contract cap friendly until we are free and clear of so much dead money

No hate, you never know, tons of people on this board have legit inside sources, so I honestly don't know if you were one of them.
Saints don't have the capital to make it happen unless we bottom out with a decent pick this year.

Green Bay and Seattle will only trade in 2022. Rodgers contract voids in 2023.

Saints are more interested in going after Wilson if he is logistically available. Yet, neither QB are available for a trade. Team have talked about compensation. Yet, talk hasn't really gone much father than that.

All in all, it seems like a kings ransom is the only way to get said QBs.

If we only can afford to resign Winston. We will be forced to draft another QB.

He earned another shot, but i dont think the saints are go settle at qb. I can see us bringing another guy in.

Coming into the season I was still on the "let's get Russell next offseason" wagon. After seeing how well JW has progressed, I would rather have him next year than mortgage the team for Russell. Obviously, Russell is the better option, talent wise, but JW is a good QB and will get better if the first half of this season is any indication. I think he stays with a 3 year contract, we re work TH's contract to be more cap friendly, and we bring in another WR/TE that is reliable and help out MT. Let's face it, we're already over the cap for next year and if we don't want to lose our best players, we are going to have to do a lot of Loomising. We can't do that AND pay Russell.

Let's face it, we're already over the cap for next year and if we don't want to lose our best players, we are going to have to do a lot of Loomising. We can't do that AND pay Russell.
This is what a lot of people are missing. The same is true of Rogers.

Well said.

Payton likes to say we have a vision for players when we bring them in and I don't think Jameis did anything to make him rethink that vision over the past couple of years. I expect him to fully recover from the injury (the same thing basically happened to Burrow last year) and it may allow us to sign him to a more reasonable deal than what he would have reasonably asked for on his current trajectory.

Payton likes to say we have a vision for players when we bring them in and I don't think Jameis did anything to make him rethink that vision over the past couple of years. I expect him to fully recover from the injury (the same thing basically happened to Burrow last year) and it may allow us to sign him to a more reasonable deal than what he would have reasonably asked for on his current trajectory.
It's a shame, this was Winston's chance to get that big contract. But he's still young enough to come back from this. I wish him luck how ever it turns out. It seems that Payton likes so he'll probably be back but you never know. Hopefully he's been smart with his money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom