Will winston be back next year? (3 Viewers)

Pretty much why I laugh at it. The assets to trade for him and his contract would require getting rid of or trading keystone players (Lattimore, Kamara, Ramczyk, Thomas has next to no trade value at this point) to free up cap space. For a 34yo QB with no one to throw to.
Not to mention the draft picks that I'm sure would have to be included.

If we could get Wilson at a good value, that doesn’t mortgage the future and complicate a shortened window for him to be successful here, it’s a no-brainer. Sure.

But that seems seriously unlikely.

It’s only wild speculation that he’ll even be available, but if Seattle does decide to trade him, it’s almost certainly going to be at a very high price, maybe more so if it’s an in-conference team.

Winston on a cheaper deal and without relinquishing other assets is, in comparison, at least an attractive option. Or trading to move in the draft, if the team feels like it needs to make a bolder play for a QB.

For a QB who will turn 34 next season, well, I’d just have to hope Loomis could somehow work some magic and steal him away. But I already don’t take the scenario very seriously, anyway.
If the Saints have a finance person who can land Wilson, ima talk to him/her about that Z-06, lol!

I'll race you in my Hellcat that the person will help me get :cool: .
Someone once posted a scenario about his broke college student son buying a Mercedes AMG through some convoluted Byzantine financing. The fictitious story ends with it being Loomis who finagled the deal :ezbill:

Winston did exactly what he was asked to do. I won't be disappointed if he comes back next year but you're probably going to have to commit to him more than 1 year at this point. If I'm in his camp, I would not be accepting another 1 year prove it deal, even coming off an ACL/MCL injury.

He probably won't have a choice. Who is going to give him a mulit-year contract coming off of that injury?

Not to mention the draft picks that I'm sure would have to be included.
Not just draft picks, but do you think the Seahawks wouldn't demand Ramczyk based on how bad their line has been for years? Like I said earlier in I believe this thread, trading for either Rodgers or Wilson would be a few year rental that would set the team back for a decade or more. Because, yeah, the team as it currently stands is pretty good (overall based on the defense being elite and AK being AK), but neither of those two would be playing with the team as it stands now. The cost in assets and players would be astronomical.

If we could get Wilson at a good value, that doesn’t mortgage the future and complicate a shortened window for him to be successful here, it’s a no-brainer. Sure.

But that seems seriously unlikely.

It’s only wild speculation that he’ll even be available, but if Seattle does decide to trade him, it’s almost certainly going to be at a very high price, maybe more so if it’s an in-conference team.

Winston on a cheaper deal and without relinquishing other assets is, in comparison, at least an attractive option. Or trading to move in the draft, if the team feels like it needs to make a bolder play for a QB.

For a QB who will turn 34 next season, well, I’d just have to hope Loomis could somehow work some magic and steal him away. But I already don’t take the scenario very seriously, anyway.
Well he’s going to request to be traded, I think they’ll look to do so. He’s certainly worth multiple ones.

But, if Payton and Loomis don’t think so I’d totally trust them.

“Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Wilson will "one million percent" request a trade again this offseason, setting up for his exit from Seattle to, well, anyone who will take him.”

Well he’s going to request to be traded, I think they’ll look to do so. He’s certainly worth multiple ones.

But, if Payton and Loomis don’t think so I’d totally trust them.

“Fox Sports' Jay Glazer reports that Wilson will "one million percent" request a trade again this offseason, setting up for his exit from Seattle to, well, anyone who will take him.”

Even if Glazer is right, there are a lot of variables in that equation. There’s a reason franchise QBs, playing in their prime, almost never get moved. Teams recognize the sheer difficulty of identifying and developing a franchise QB and the value drives the compensation to extremes.

Stafford might be the most comparable example, and that’s partly because there aren’t many to look to. That cost the Rams two 1s a 3rd and the Lions also got a former 1st round QB who they had to feel somewhat good about in their system.

We don’t have a comparable QB to package so I’d guess our investment is a minimum that has to include three 1s + or something that grades closely to that. I don’t have any problem saying I think that’s way too costly for the circumstances. If the Saints are going blockbuster, I’d hope that it’s for a young player that Payton has confidence in. If none exist in this draft, I’d rather see Winston return and go all-in the following draft if necessary. Multiple 1s + for a 33/34 year old QB seems like way too risky of a proposition to me. Further complicated by the cap constraints we have to juggle and work around.

Seriously? Throwing his teammates under the bus?

Another season, another excuse.

At some point, y'all need to let him take responsibility for his play. Play that was improving by the way.

I think you may be overreacting a bit. I take that comment as saying there were games when multiple offensive starters were out including 2 of our best olineman and our best WR (for extended periods)....Like him or not JW under difficult circumstances was a large part of this team going 4-2 despite this and his 14-3 TD/INT ratio is a big part of that....and I think he was on the verge of taking our passing game to a higher level....

Even if Glazer is right, there are a lot of variables in that equation. There’s a reason franchise QBs, playing in their prime, almost never get moved. Teams recognize the sheer difficulty of identifying and developing a franchise QB and the value drives the compensation to extremes.

Stafford might be the most comparable example, and that’s partly because there aren’t many to look to. That cost the Rams two 1s a 3rd and the Lions also got a former 1st round QB who they had to feel somewhat good about in their system.

We don’t have a comparable QB to package so I’d guess our investment is a minimum that has to include three 1s + or something that grades closely to that. I don’t have any problem saying I think that’s way too costly for the circumstances. If the Saints are going blockbuster, I’d hope that it’s for a young player that Payton has confidence in. If none exist in this draft, I’d rather see Winston return and go all-in the following draft if necessary. Multiple 1s + for a 33/34 year old QB seems like way too risky of a proposition to me. Further complicated by the cap constraints we have to juggle and work around.
Depends how close you feel you are to a super bowl. He’ll be 33 this month. If you think your roster is built to win or compete for multiple Super Bowls in the next 5 years you make the trade without question. If not, then yes, that would be too much.

I’d think they’d want multiple picks and Ram, which I wouldn’t do.

I don’t see any scenario that Winston ever leads a team to a SB with his play, but weirder things have happened, and this is coming from someone that advocated for him to be our QB without question

I'm leaning towards Jameis being back next year

It'll best to post this thread after the season there are too many variables right now

Does Trevor ball out? More than a caretaker, more than a game manager, I mean really ball out?

Does Taysom get in and learn to go through his progressions and not hold the ball forever?

Hell, we can have more injuries and Book can get in totally lay claim to being next year's starter

Do we go deep in the playoffs? or win 2 more games?

No team wanted Winston when he was healthy, why does anyone believe a team would sign him after his injury. His play this season surely did nothing to improve his stature. The best thing people say is he wasn’t throwing interceptions, but he was also not throwing much nor completing passes at a high efficiency except maybe the dump off to kamara.

No team wanted Winston when he was healthy, why does anyone believe a team would sign him after his injury. His play this season surely did nothing to improve his stature. The best thing people say is he wasn’t throwing interceptions, but he was also not throwing much nor completing passes at a high efficiency except maybe the dump off to kamara.
Look at his red zone stats for this year, I believe his QBR is 134?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom