Will winston be back next year? (4 Viewers)

If he returns (and I think he will) I think it will likely be on another one year deal, or a one year deal with a multi-year option. From his perspective, even coming off the injury I'd say his market rate will be higher than the last two seasons, but still not as good as it could be with a full, healthy season. Likewise from the team's perspective I'm not sure they've seen enough to pony up the guaranteed money it would take to get his agents to agree to a multiyear deal.

If he returns (and I think he will) I think it will likely be on another one year deal, or a one year deal with a multi-year option. From his perspective, even coming off the injury I'd say his market rate will be higher than the last two seasons, but still not as good as it could be with a full, healthy season. Likewise from the team's perspective I'm not sure they've seen enough to pony up the guaranteed money it would take to get his agents to agree to a multiyear deal.
I think JW knows that his future success lies in NOLA and especially SP. We could probably get him on a 3 year deal with decent but not absurd numbers.

I wonder if some of you are serious. Comparing Winston to other top qbs in the league? He is at best a decent backup, he couldn’t handily beat out Taysom. He will get a shot as a backup next season if he fully recovers. No way Payton goes into next season with Winston as his starter.

Yeah. They'll cost too much in terms of resources for the Saints to obtain them. The resource bidding will quickly get too rich for us. Not to mention the additional players we'll have to lose to afford their salaries.

I'd love to have Wilson, but can't see it.

As to the OP:
Yes, I see Winston staying here, and possibly at a long term salary with a injury out in the event that his acl injury isn't resolved.

I think he has proven his ability as a franchise QB and had almost reached the end of his learning curve under CSP who was molding him from a simply physically talented QB to an all around top tier NFL QB. The Saints will award this with a commensurate salary. Add to that the fact that Winston wants to be here and I think it is a done deal.
This … unless either Taysom, Trevor or The Book ignite and explode us deep into the playoffs.

Saints don't have the capital to make it happen unless we bottom out with a decent pick this year.

Green Bay and Seattle will only trade in 2022. Rodgers contract voids in 2023.

Saints are more interested in going after Wilson if he is logistically available. Yet, neither QB are available for a trade. Team have talked about compensation. Yet, talk hasn't really gone much father than that.

All in all, it seems like a kings ransom is the only way to get said QBs.

If we only can afford to resign Winston. We will be forced to draft another QB.
I’d rather “Read the Book” for another season than draft a “chancy” QB (which they all appear to be) at No. 1. … And we all know second through fifth round QBs are just as iffy as first-rounders … Brady was a needle in the haystack. It CAN happen. But you can’t prepare or plan for it.

I think its important to realize that not only did we see the progress JW was making, but I am sure he also saw it himself. My bet would be that as long as we can offer similar $$ to everyone else, he will be our starter for the opening game next year. You just have to think he would love to continue to play for CSP

Anyone disliking this because they think Winston or another QB on our roster should be our QB over Wilson should never participate in these discussions again 😂😂

Just giving y’all a hard time, but serious….

If we could get Wilson at a good value, that doesn’t mortgage the future and complicate a shortened window for him to be successful here, it’s a no-brainer. Sure.

But that seems seriously unlikely.

It’s only wild speculation that he’ll even be available, but if Seattle does decide to trade him, it’s almost certainly going to be at a very high price, maybe more so if it’s an in-conference team.

Winston on a cheaper deal and without relinquishing other assets is, in comparison, at least an attractive option. Or trading to move in the draft, if the team feels like it needs to make a bolder play for a QB.

For a QB who will turn 34 next season, well, I’d just have to hope Loomis could somehow work some magic and steal him away. But I already don’t take the scenario very seriously, anyway.

Winston did exactly what he was asked to do. I won't be disappointed if he comes back next year but you're probably going to have to commit to him more than 1 year at this point. If I'm in his camp, I would not be accepting another 1 year prove it deal, even coming off an ACL/MCL injury.

Don't have the assets to land him.
Yup. The Saints looking at Wilson is like me looking at a new Z-06 Corvette. Even though it’s a good fit, my finances say “Get your *** over to the used Hyundai section!” :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom