Will winston be back next year? (1 Viewer)

Impossible to determine but up until the injury he was showing great progress. Even in this game that long ball TD was a thing of Beauty. The injury casts a shadow on his future and it is very unfortunate considering he was on a show me contract. I think it will depend greatly on how we progress under Taysom and Winstons recovery as well as his price and whatever other teams compete for him and a contract. I would like to see Ian Book at some point this year to see what we have in him.

Pretty much this.

We win with whoever and have playoff success, well there's your starter next season. If we struggle, miss the playoffs...pretty much solidifies bringing back Jameis, assuming surgery is successful.
Also, if none of the other QBs make a strong case to be the starter, would the team trade up to draft a QB they like (I don't love any of them, but CSP might).

He may be resigned to another 1 yr deal, but there is going to be more competition at the position.

I think so but obviously, it ain't my call.

Love to have Winston back.. However, what if Trevor balls out if he's the starter the rest of the way. Someone will offer Winston a 1 year deal if it's not us. I think he shown enough to me that he can win games and not turn the ball over. It's a long shot to get Wilsoon or Rodgers due to the cap.

The offense has been horrible. I feel bad for Winston but let’s not pretend he was playing well. I think he was close to the bottom of the league in passing yards and total offense with him at the helm.
I blame the supporting cast way more than Jameis for that.

I think he comes back on another one year prove it, unless we land Wilson.

I'm wondering how long the mental recovery will be. Will he be afraid of contact? Will he be afraid to put weight on it for deep throws?

I really believe he has a loyalty to the Saints and Coach Payton and that loyalty is mutual from the Saints. Thus, absent some outrageous demand, which I don't expect, I see him coming back and becoming the Saints starter next year.

I feel exactly the same way. I think the team will want him back and he will want to come back to play for CSP. I expect a heavily incentive laden 2-3 year deal....we will see....

I think Payton will do whatever is in his power to bring him back. However if TS or Book (or even Hill for that matter) show out the rest of the season...then the smart financial move would be to move on from him.

The only silver lining if he didn't come back...is that we wouldn't ever hear from AHJ again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom