Wille Parker on Sirius said (1 Viewer)

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our defense was pretty good, we just gave up those two big plays, other than that we held them in check, nice comments you normally don't hear after a game by the other team

we have a smart defense we just need to get more turnovers from our CBs and Ss

Willie Parker discovered the outside. We successfully stuffed the middle on him all day. But late in the game he bounced it outside and we were somewhat vulnerable, to say the least.

Doh!

If McKenzie played contain instead of trying to make a play all the time, those two runs would have never happened.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Great vision and awareness on Parkers' part. He seemed to sense our D was getting tired and stacking the middle and took advantage of it.

On the long run to the left, McKenzie and Craft collided, otherwise it most likely don't turn into such a long. I think it was actually McKenzie that got up and ran him down.

On the second long run, Parker tried the middle but Simoneau was there. Mckenzie came from the outside to back up Simoneau and Parker turned back to the outside and nobody was there. If McKenzie had not over commited to the run, that play probably don't happen either.

We have a pretty solid team and I am optimistic for the first time in a very long time.

Last edited:
Our defense was pretty good, we just gave up those two big plays, other than that we held them in check, nice comments you normally don't hear after a game by the other team

we have a smart defense we just need to get more turnovers from our CBs and Ss

Thanks for the info SJ.

I'd love to see some speed added to our defense. We have better LBers than last year, but I've noticed they have a hard time shedding blocks and chasing down runners when they have to move sideline to sideline.

He obviously graduated from the Lou Holtz School of Poormouthing...

On the long run to the left, McKenzie and Craft collided, otherwise it most likely don't turn into such a long. I think it was actually McKenzie that got up and ran him down.

On the second long run, Parker tried the middle but Simoneau was there. Mckenzie came from the outside to back up Simoneau and Parker turned back to the outside and nobody was there. If McKenzie had not over commited to the run, that play probably don't happen either.

We have a pretty solid team and I am optimistic for the first time in a very long time.

McKenzie and Craft collided on a long pass play. I know it is hard to keep track because there were so many big plays by both teams. Both long runs were bad (improvised) fills by safeties coming too far inside. But blaming one guy (not directed at you pat) is silly when a player has to get through up to nine players to get to the second level. They attacked our vaunted de's, our workmanlike linebackers, and our db's.

We'll be alright, our boys will defeat cincy & all will be well. Joe Horn is going to make a difference, and we'll play better on DEFENSE.

Last edited:
You have to respect Parker, he is a very good runner and it was classy of him to say that about us. He could have just said that he ran all over us but he knew what happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom