Wow - the Panthers pass rush is awful (3 Viewers)

Idnk why this board hates Cam so much. Other than him being a punk in the Super Bowl in hindsight he wasn't a bad QB. Compared to Ryan Leaf, Tim Tebow, Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel, Tim Couch (or Eric..I forget), Danny Weurffel....Cam was pretty damn good.

I'll take this one:
1. His mannerisms when he's winning vs the sulky little biz natch he is when he's losing
2. The outfits...the freaking outfits, you just lost an important game...don't come to the press conference like you're trying to play big bird in a live action adaptation of Sesame street
3. Inability to humble yourself, "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" - there's more to being a good loser than just accepting you lost.
4. Delusion - "they couldn't handle my aura"...nah they couldn't handle paying you to have a rookie outpace you in grasping the system
5. The freaking outfits...stop coming out looking like you're trying to transition to an old black lady named Ethel.
I'll sum it up with one word: Inauthentic

That applies to both his on-field and personal persona! Off the field, he tries to portray himself as this likable/approachable guy that has a bit of an eccentric streak, when in reality, he is the sulking whiny lil * we see on any given Sunday.

His play reflects that as well. His favorite thing to do as a rusher is to skirt the sidelines until a defender launches to make a tackle, he would then step out of bounds in a bs attempt to draw a flag. Lame.

I'll sum it up with one word: Inauthentic

That applies to both his on-field and personal persona! Off the field, he tries to portray himself as this likable/approachable guy that has a bit of an eccentric streak, when in reality, he is the sulking whiny lil * we see on any given Sunday.

His play reflects that as well. His favorite thing to do as a rusher is to skirt the sidelines until a defender launches to make a tackle, he would then step out of bounds in a bs attempt to draw a flag. Lame.
I do not remember any of that. I'm not a cmCam apologist but he has always received unnecessary hate on here. Some even try to say the same QB who went to the SB was actually stupid as a common trope to ring on him. The only time I seen him turn coward was the fumble play in the super bowl.

I'll take this one:
1. His mannerisms when he's winning vs the sulky little biz natch he is when he's losing
2. The outfits...the freaking outfits, you just lost an important game...don't come to the press conference like you're trying to play big bird in a live action adaptation of Sesame street
3. Inability to humble yourself, "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser" - there's more to being a good loser than just accepting you lost.
4. Delusion - "they couldn't handle my aura"...nah they couldn't handle paying you to have a rookie outpace you in grasping the system
5. The freaking outfits...stop coming out looking like you're trying to transition to an old black lady named Ethel.
Awww. All petty stuff. Gotcha.

I do not remember any of that. I'm not a cmCam apologist but he has always received unnecessary hate on here. Some even try to say the same QB who went to the SB was actually stupid as a common trope to ring on him. The only time I seen him turn coward was the fumble play in the super bowl.
And none of that addressed my thoughts about him, I said he's inauthentic and that is why he has earned the nickname sCam.

As an aside:

Saints All Time vs:
Panthers: 29-28
Falcons: 54-54
Buccaneers: 39-24

No team has a "winning" record against all of the other teams in the division. If the Saints beat the Panthers on Sept 18th, to stay above .500 and then beat the Falcons on November 26th, the Saints will be above .500 vs every team in the Division. I believe that would be the first time any team in the NFC South could say that.

Cool cool.

I’ll take whatever bet ya wanna do, just for fun, sig, whatever. I hope he does do well but I just don’t see it. I’ll go so far as to say I don’t think he will have single season double digit sacks at all in his career.

We are so due to hit on one, Cam is the last hit there imo. He is special tho.
You're right. He will never

I think he was a very good QB, just hated his attitude. Pretty sure that’s why most folks didn’t like him.

If I have to pick out of that group I’d take Vick and McNabb. Loved em both.
Tebow Couch and Wuerffel were terrible and don’t belong in this group imo.
I still remember him for smoking that cigar and being arrogant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom