N/S WR James Washington requests trade (1 Viewer)

Snakehead

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Adam Shefter is reporting that James Washington has requested a trade from the Steelers. This guy has talent, but they have recently added more talent at WR and JuJu should get back to form pushing Washington down the depth chart. He wouldn't be a bad guy to trade for since he's still young and on his rookie contract.

B5TVZ6R.gif

My only problem is if he's not at least a #2 receiver what's the point in trading for him? He'll just be in the mix with all the other young/journeyman guys we have.

3rd round pick immediately. Washington would be WR1 immediately. He’s better than all of the receivers that are healthy on this team. Once MT returns, that would be a heck of a tandem. When Ken Crawley doesn’t give up a reception, it may be time to add receivers.

3rd round pick immediately. Washington would be WR1 immediately. He’s better than all of the receivers that are healthy on this team. Once MT returns, that would be a heck of a tandem. When Ken Crawley doesn’t give up a reception, it may be time to add receivers.
I like Washington, but he's pretty much similar to TreQuan Smith but with perhaps better ability to win deep and not as strong of a blocker. He might be a Deonte Harris without the twitchiness or ability to return. I'd definitely have Deonte Harris and Marquez Callaway higher than him. I think that he would currently be our #3-4 (but hey...that's still a role).

Make this trade. I'd be interested to see if they'd take Zach Baun in exchange.

Bad trade. Just when Baun is starting to come on in practice and we have him on a rookie deal for two more years after this year. Contract year for Washington. We aren't all in this year. Keep Baun unless you're getting a player in return that has two years left on their rookie contract.

I see that the Saints WR options are "heating up"...first Denzel Mims (NYJ) earlier this week, and now James Washington (PIT) is next up in the conversation. This will get even more interesting as teams trim down to that final 53...stay tuned. We may have to start a WR tracker...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom