N/S WR James Washington requests trade (4 Viewers)

I’m not comparing their skill level. Just that Harris has some similar traits...small, strong for size, extremely twitchy. Harris has a long way to go as a receiver though
I'm sorry, I thought we were talking about Washington. My bad.

With 735 yards.

Respectable considering Washington started 10 games in 2019, and was catching passes from Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges (Ben Roethlisberger was lost for the season in Week 3).

Respectable considering Washington started 10 games in 2019, and was catching passes from Mason Rudolph and Devlin Hodges (Ben Roethlisberger was lost for the season in Week 3).

He played 15 games and received 3+ targets in 14 games that year. I think it’s important to point out because when you say “he led the team in receiving” without giving the number, I bet most people think he had at least 1k…The fact is he has 1300 in 3 years combined.

He played 15 games and received 3+ targets in 14 games that year. I think it’s important to point out because when you say “he led the team in receiving” without giving the number, I bet most people think he had at least 1k…The fact is he has 1300 in 3 years combined.
Not seeing the problem -- he did well when called upon. On a team that finished second-to-last in the NFL in passing yards, to boot.

I'm not saying he's Jerry Rice. I just think Washington has shown enough that he's a reasonable trade target. He's certainly got more skins on the wall than most of the Saints WR room.

Not seeing the problem -- he did well when called upon. On a team that finished second-to-last in the NFL in passing yards, to boot.

I'm not saying he's Jerry Rice. I just think Washington has shown enough that he's a reasonable trade target. He's certainly got more skins on the wall than most of the Saints WR room.

I like Callaway better. I wouldn’t mind signing him if he were cut but I wouldn’t want to trade for him. He’s in a contract year and by the time he gets up to speed enough to get on the field we may have MT back.

I like Callaway better.
I'm not conceiving of Washington as a Callaway replacement. I think Callaway has legit NFL #1 wideout potential.

Washington makes the WR room deeper. He's probably better than Tre'Quan Smith right now. But even if Washington isn't ... having a guy like Washington in the fold makes it easier to withstand that inevitable injury to one of the starters.

Also: I'm not all that confident in what Michael Thomas will be able to contribute this season. If I'm Sean Payton, I plan for the 2021 season as if Thomas is not going to play at all this season. If he comes back and produces, great. If he comes back and gets reinjured or doesn't get back to pre-injury form ... then the team has something in the holster.

I wouldn't be mad if they traded for him as long as it's reasonable and for the people who are saying no thanks and just no because we have other receivers is laughable yall will be the same people making threads saying WRs can't get open during games. Don't let him go to the already built super team bucs that'll be fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom