N/S WR James Washington requests trade (1 Viewer)

Bad trade. Just when Baun is starting to come on in practice and we have him on a rookie deal for two more years after this year. Contract year for Washington. We aren't all in this year. Keep Baun unless you're getting a player in return that has two years left on their rookie contract.
I like the development of Baun in camp but when will he see the field? With the signing of Kwon and drafting Pete does that hurt his chance of seeing the field? I'd rather give up a player then draft capital and the saints have depth at Lber at the moment.

I like the development of Baun in camp but when will he see the field? With the signing of Kwon and drafting Pete does that hurt his chance of seeing the field? I'd rather give up a player then draft capital and the saints have depth at Lber at the moment.
Do you really trust Kwon to stay healthy all year? I mean I am hoping he does but gotta be realistic. And who knows what Pete is all about yet. I think we need the depth. Also, I am not saying we don't need a WR but I would stay patient till all the cuts are made around the league.

Do you really trust Kwon to stay healthy all year? I mean I am hoping he does but gotta be realistic. And who knows what Pete is all about yet. I think we need the depth. Also, I am not saying we don't need a WR but I would stay patient till all the cuts are made around the league.

I'm not sure Washington makes it to cuts. They spent a 2nd on him and the Steelers are a team who builds through the draft so they'd probably take the best pick offer for him before cutting him.

Also, I would go out on a limb and say he's probably the best WR out there who is currently 4th-6th on their respective team.

Claypool
JuJu
Diontae
Washington

SP rarely ever addresses the WR position. He finally did last year with the addition of sanders. And look how well he helped us throughout the season.

we can’t rely on TQS being our #1… literally our #1 is TQS. That hurts to say

I would look to have Werner learn the SAM or MIKE position this year. Not sold on Ellis or Hansen. This way, we can have Baun continue to learn WILL and provide depth behind Kwon. I think it’s common knowledge that Werner will eventually take over the MIKE after DD. So, why even train him at WILL when we already have another draft pick there? Seems a little redundant and unnecessary. Yeah, I get that we rarely use a SAM, but with Kwon back, now we have three WILL LBs and 2 SAM. 1 seems likely to make the roster. And SP knew all along that he was going to sign Kwon depending on how he progressed with his injury. Kwon has shown improvement for awhile now. SP had already stated that he was watching Kwon’s videos. Plus, TC started a week ago, so they could’ve changed the Werner plan. If he is as good as they think he is, then he should be able to learn the MIKE or SAM pretty easily. With that being said…..who the heck is our backup MIKE? Do we even have one as of right now?

Kwon is still coming off a serious injury, is on a 1 year contract, and has only played more than 12 games once in six years. Pete just got here. Who’s to say he would start over Baun?

Last edited:
Kwon is still coming off a serious injury, is on a 1 year contract, and has only played more than 12 games once in six years. Pete just got here. Who’s to say he would start over Baun?

Geez, the way you're describing Kwon it sounds like a bad signing.
But for what it's worth, Kwon says he's completely healthy which is awesome.

"

Pete has already established himself in the film room, something we've never heard about with Baun. Before Kwon was signed Underhill even pictured Pete seeing the field over Baun unless he made some serious strides. Do you happen to listen to Underhill's pod?

Plus there's other promising LBers making noise in camp.

Unless there's a decent WR that's cut when roster trim downs happen, I feel trading for Washington would be a good asset for the Saints.

Geez, the way you're describing Kwon it sounds like a bad signing.
But for what it's worth, Kwon says he's completely healthy which is awesome.

"

Pete has already established himself in the film room, something we've never heard about with Baun. Before Kwon was signed Underhill even pictured Pete seeing the field over Baun unless he made some serious strides. Do you happen to listen to Underhill's pod?

Plus there's other promising LBers making noise in camp.

Unless there's a decent WR that's cut when roster trim downs happen, I feel trading for Washington would be a good asset for the Saints.

I am not against trading for him but I don't want Baun involved in the trade. Thats what I am saying

I'm not sure Washington makes it to cuts. They spent a 2nd on him and the Steelers are a team who builds through the draft so they'd probably take the best pick offer for him before cutting him.

Also, I would go out on a limb and say he's probably the best WR out there who is currently 4th-6th on their respective team.

Claypool
JuJu
Diontae
Washington
I was referring to league wide cuts not just Washington

Historically, Pittsburgh has always had a great depth of receivers going back to the late 70's. James is a good player on team stacked at the WR position.

I'd be curious to see what Pitt would accept in a trade for him if he truly wants out.

I think similar compensation to what the Bears got for Miller would be about right, but sending a backup lineman would be even better.

Miller and a seventh round pick was traded to Houston for a fifth round pick.

Miller was drafted by the Bears in the second round, 51st overall in 2018. He was the sixth wide receiver to be selected that year. In three seasons he has 134 receptions for 1564 yards and 11 TD's. He is 5' 11" 201 lbs. He ran a 4.38 40 at the combine.

James Washington was drafted by the Steelers in the second round, 60th overall in 2018. In three seasons he has 90 receptions for 1344 yards and 9 TD's. He was the seventh receiver selected that year. He is 5'11" 213 lbs. He ran a 4.54 40 at the combine.

I think a fifth round pick straight up would be about right and, given our situation at WR, it might be necessary to get him. You have to figure that most teams think the Texans will be picking before the Saints in 2022. A sixth rounder might not cut it.

I do agree that there will likely be other WR's available in the next couple of weeks, but we need one sooner to start learning the playbook.

Historically, Pittsburgh has always had a great depth of receivers going back to the late 70's. James is a good player on team stacked at the WR position.
People may not realize that James Washington led the Steelers in receiving yards in 2019.

Chase Claypool and Diontae Johnson are just that good -- and JuJu owns the slot.

Saints should be looking into this. Would be a good pickup.

Miller and a seventh round pick was traded to Houston for a fifth round pick.

Miller was drafted by the Bears in the second round, 51st overall in 2018. He was the sixth wide receiver to be selected that year. In three seasons he has 134 receptions for 1564 yards and 11 TD's. He is 5' 11" 201 lbs. He ran a 4.38 40 at the combine.

James Washington was drafted by the Steelers in the second round, 60th overall in 2018. In three seasons he has 90 receptions for 1344 yards and 9 TD's. He was the seventh receiver selected that year. He is 5'11" 213 lbs. He ran a 4.54 40 at the combine.

I think a fifth round pick straight up would be about right and, given our situation at WR, it might be necessary to get him. You have to figure that most teams think the Texans will be picking before the Saints in 2022. A sixth rounder might not cut it.

I do agree that there will likely be other WR's available in the next couple of weeks, but we need one sooner to start learning the playbook.
RAS score of 5.56
He won’t even get a sniff from SP😆

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom