N/S WR James Washington requests trade (3 Viewers)

James Washington can really help push the ball down field. He has 14.9 YPC career avg. and 9 TDs w/ Pittsburgh.

Does anyone doubt, notwithstanding the comments from Coach that they like the WR room, that Loomis is checking out available WR's that could help. The key to his search I would speculate is (1) how much will it cost in terms of draft/trade capital and (2) can we fit the guy under our cap - Those things are harder to do with our cap situation, but can be accomplished if they really need some veteran help. For my money I would feel a lot more comfortable going into the season with another quality body at WR.
Oh yeah, the coach/GM “fluff” talk about the group. They don’t want to crush the confidence of our WRs before opposing defenders do.

James Washington is legit, :facts3:

:sir-saint:

I understand how you feel about the player. But, the "deal" is better than the player perhaps. He is on his rookie deal (cap friendly), and he is young and can still grow with a team. Then, at this point the need at WR is so great. We over pay with a 3rd rounder for the "deal" and not as much the player. He is a good player, some one is going to trade for him.
He is in the last year of his deal.

I think similar compensation to what the Bears got for Miller would be about right, but sending a backup lineman would be even better.

He might be the closest thing to Tyreke Hill in the league...but I completely agree. Let him return kicks and give him 5 or so offensive touches per game. Any more than that and you are probably hurting the team.
Closest thing to Tyreke? He is nowhere near as fast as Hill.

Closest thing to Tyreke? He is nowhere near as fast as Hill.
Dang is he not even anywhere close to as fast? That’s incredible if so. I’ll have to look up their 40 times, which I know doesn’t equate to game speed.

These stats are not bad. He's worth a fourth round pick. He would be, at worst, the third best receiver at the start of the season, assuming Harris is suspended.

2020PIT3039213.1505
2019PIT4473516.7793
2018PIT1621713.6471

Bad trade. Just when Baun is starting to come on in practice and we have him on a rookie deal for two more years after this year. Contract year for Washington. We aren't all in this year. Keep Baun unless you're getting a player in return that has two years left on their rookie contract.
Yeah...we have lots of draft capital in Baun. If he is flashing, it’s not the right time to trade him for a guy probably on the outs anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom