Young couple goes on van tour of US, boy comes back with van - no girl (1 Viewer)

I agree, you can't accidentally choke someone out. if anyone thinks that, they have watched too many movies. punch her in the face, shoot her, stab her, run her over hit her in the head with a rock, can he split second decisions that happen quickly. choking someone out doesn't happens with a split second action. you have to watch them die slowly..
i honestly dont know...i have just seen some people in a rage and it takes them a while to calm down enough to collect themselves...you have seen people who were kidnapped and unspeakable things done to them and one day you find their captor stabbed 100+ times and the the kidnapped just sitting there...when someone snaps i dont know the limits they are capable of...If an actual expert in the field stated strangling was not possible by accident and here are the reasons why then it changes the narrative.

Brian Laundrie, the man who killed Gabby Petito and then died by suicide in a Floridaforest, reportedly called his father after the murder and told him that the 22-year-old influencer was "gone."

The bombshell revelation was made by Mr Laundrie's father, Chris, during a deposition. He said on 29 August his son called him in a "frantic" state and told him that Ms Petito was "gone." He then asked his father to get him a lawyer, according to WFLA.

The Petito family has sued the Laundrie family, alleging they knew information about their daughter's location, but did nothing to assist in the nationwide search for the woman.……

Scumbags, should have done the decent thing and turned their son in the moment he got back with the van. The sick part of it all is they went on a family camping trip shortly after because they all knew what Brian did, it was their last time for sure they'd all be together. Scumbag family.

Last edited:
Scumbags, should have done the decent thing and turned their son in the moment he got back with the van. The sick part of it all is they went on a family camping trip shortly after because they all knew what Brian did, it was their last time for sure they'd all be together. Scumbag family.
I watch a lot of murder investigation shows. There are a shockingly high amount of people who do stuff and their parents know but still aid & abet them. It’s sick. I’m always shaking my head and saying things like “ah. No wonder. The parents helped make him this way”.

I love my child and while I would never let the police/legal system take advantage of him, I’m also would never conspire with him or help him cover up crimes. He has to answer for his actions.

I just hope i don't ever have to make that decision. While i understand why his parents did it, its not an excuse for what they did. they were wrong and they are soley responible for the trouble they are in that comes out of it..

I watch a lot of murder investigation shows. There are a shockingly high amount of people who do stuff and their parents know but still aid & abet them. It’s sick. I’m always shaking my head and saying things like “ah. No wonder. The parents helped make him this way”.

I love my child and while I would never let the police/legal system take advantage of him, I’m also would never conspire with him or help him cover up crimes. He has to answer for his actions.
what is tough about this is we get to sit here on our keyboards and judge it...i do have 2 kiddos and would protect them with my life...BUT there is a line...the way i look at it is i am not gonna judge this because i was not in their shoes..i dont know what i would do under that level of stress..I can say right now with a calm brain i would have them turn themselves in and do the right thing but who knows when you are under that level of stress..what is weird to me is i do a lot of camping...so that is very normal to me...but i could not see my self going camping on one last hurrah if my child has told me that "shes gone." I would think i would be focused on getting an attorney established so my child could do the right thing.

I would think (and hope) that parents would do the right thing when stuff like this happened. Like I remember when Linda Frickey died in the Mid-City carjacking, the parents of at least two of the accused turned their children in when the video came out. I knew it had to be tough, but it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
what is tough about this is we get to sit here on our keyboards and judge it...i do have 2 kiddos and would protect them with my life...BUT there is a line...the way i look at it is i am not gonna judge this because i was not in their shoes..i dont know what i would do under that level of stress..I can say right now with a calm brain i would have them turn themselves in and do the right thing but who knows when you are under that level of stress..what is weird to me is i do a lot of camping...so that is very normal to me...but i could not see my self going camping on one last hurrah if my child has told me that "shes gone." I would think i would be focused on getting an attorney established so my child could do the right thing.
Had they gotten him an attorney, which they should have, the attorney would have directed him to turn himself in and start working with authorities. He'd be incarcerated but he'd also still be alive.

I would think (and hope) that parents would do the right thing when stuff like this happened.
so this is societal 'right thing' vs the (supposed) biological imperative
i would imagine 'protecting my child' is a pretty strong impulse regardless - like i can imagine most parents would have to force themselves to 'do the right thing'

so this is societal 'right thing' vs the (supposed) biological imperative
i would imagine 'protecting my child' is a pretty strong impulse regardless - like i can imagine most parents would have to force themselves to 'do the right thing'
i used to watch that show "I Almost Got Away With It". Most of the time when someone was on the run, their parents would help them by giving them money or lying to the police about where they were. Now some of them weren't murderers, but they still helped in some fashion. The paents usually are interviewed and tell thier side during the episode and they usually all say the same thing, i should't have helped, and i knew it was wrong, but i did anyway.

i used to watch that show "I Almost Got Away With It". Most of the time when someone was on the run, their parents would help them by giving them money or lying to the police about where they were. Now some of them weren't murderers, but they still helped in some fashion. The paents usually are interviewed and tell thier side during the episode and they usually all say the same thing, i should't have helped, and i knew it was wrong, but i did anyway.
i'm sure there's also the avoidance of responsibility - like, 'if i turn them in it's an admission that i ****** up as a parent'

I get that, but that's easy to say for a hypothetical situation

If your child comes to you dripping blood saying "I killed her, I killed her!" It's easy to think that you'd say, "You done forked up kid, I love you but I'm calling the cops and I'll see you in 20 years"

But who's to say how you'd respond if it actually happened

It like that Billy Bob Thornton movie A Simple Plan

"What would you do if you found a giant bag of cash?"

WIFE: I'd take it to the police station immediately, no ifs, ands or buts

Once the husband dumps a giant bag of cash on the dining room table it was a different story. And if I remember right she was the worst one out of all of them

Last edited:
I see what some are saying, but she was a human too, a child also with parents pleading for answers, the hurt was very visible, nothing that could be ignored. She also lived under the same roof as them, they took her in and fostered a home for her.

In this case, the parents also knew Gabby. She had lived with them. I have a BFF in this same situation (son's GF living in their household) and I know she's said she will always support her son. BUT also in this case, the parents' actions -- or inaction -- also directly led to their son killing himself. So they could have still done the right thing and not let Gabby's parents in the dark AND supported their alive son in prison for killing his girlfriend.

And they could have done so with forethought. I mean, what did they THINK was going to happen? Gabby's parents were just going to forget about her? All the people showing up on their lawn would just forget? These idiots showed a gross lack of critical thinking skills; and while they are not responsible for Gabby's deah, they are responsible for their son's death. Come to think of it, their son was a chip off those old blocks.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom