2006 Election Projections (1 Viewer)

Any ideas on when Missouri will be close to a decision?

Looks like after falling behind a little, the GOP candidate has retaken a small lead there...

Will probably take a while, could be close.

CNN's latest with 80% in:
McCaskill 813,003 49%
Talent 799,007 48%

Think McCaskill has MO now, comes down to St. Louis County (55% in 122k McCaskill 100k Talent) which should favor her.

Remaining 0% counties are mostly strong R, Bush won them with a 30k vote margin. Don't think it will be enough to make up the current 20k difference.

Yeah MT has been down to a 10k margin, not sure how things will break there.

Latest VA with 9 precincts remaining:
J H Webb Jr Democratic 1,167,037 49.56%
G F Allen Republican 1,159,226 49.23%

I'm calling it, Dems win senate. Reps will challange Virginia election, that'll last 2 months, but recounts and challanges never overturn things. Typically they increase the margin.

Yeah, the recount last year only changed something like 25 votes, surprised it wasn't more. Seen conflicting reports on absentee ballots, would like to know how many have been counted. Was a smart move by Webb to declare victory and get that meme out.

Yeah, the recount last year only changed something like 25 votes, surprised it wasn't more. Seen conflicting reports on absentee ballots, would like to know how many have been counted. Was a smart move by Webb to declare victory and get that meme out.

Pretty meaningless actually. The whole 'declaring victory' 'stake out your turf' posturing crap is just that, posturing crap. It's going through the courts no matter what and will result in him (likely) being confirmed no matter what, and his or his opponents claims to victory will be entirely meaningless during the process and afterwards. It's just news fodder and pretty boring to me.

It certainly helped influence public opinion in 2000 and led Gore to be portrayed as a sore loser. Agree that the courts and election boards will end up deciding it, if absentees are in then Webb looks to have a safe lead.

Montana is getting closer.

MT vote counters:
sloth.gif

Right now Webb is ahead by about 7500 votes and the Montana Dem is leading as well. Dems might pull out the Senate.

Last edited:
glad I didn't stay up :p

6 precincts left and Webb is over Allen 8,359. Looks like there are some absentee votes still to be counted in Richmond (webb), Virginia Beach (slightly Allen) and Loudon County (split). I don't see much movement there. But what the hell do I know? I called this Allen last night :loco:

Montana is 1500 Tester. No idea there, but if things stay, it's a sweep for the Dems.

Meagher seems to be the only county not reported, Bush won it by 451 votes, Schweitzer lost by 186, Burns would need another source to win. Yellowstone says 94% on CNN but 100% with same totals on their own county site.

Yeah, it looks like a sweep for the Dems. Although I no longer consider myself a Republican, the idea of Pelosi, Reid, Durbin, Kennedy and Shumer in charge of our Congress gives me chills. Hopefully, the the fallout from this disaster for the Republicans will be their return to the principles that made me want to be a Republican to begin with.

Webb is an improvement over Allen, who fancies himself a Reagan heir but is really Bush 43 without the political skills. I regret Ford and testor lost. Burns seemed a mediocrity, which means he's probably perfect for the Senate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom