2006 Election Projections (2 Viewers)

Louisiana is snakebit when it comes to Congress.

Had the GOP kept the House, McCrery would've (likely) been Ways and Means Chair, which would've been nice.

I was realy hoping for a Dem takeover of the Senate and GOP keep the House, for business and/or Louisiana reasons.

On the 'bright' side, Bush will get his illegal immigration amnesty bill passed now. Lou Dobbs, call your office.

yeah, Sparkle, I was kinda mixed based on MCCrery and Baker becoming more powerful and my desire to see the "Republicans" get spanked. Long term, I'm happy for the House outcome, I suppose.

jim, TN has really tightened. where's the outstanding vote?

2/3 of NAshville is unreported
1/4 of Memphis is unreported.

The only other area is Montgomery County - which is where Fort Campbell is - no preceincts have reported there.
That county went for Bush 28,000 to 20,000 in 2004.
I think Ford loses about 3,000 or 4,000 votes there, and picks up at least 17,000 in Nashville and maybe 15-20 thousand in Memphis.
Looks like Ford is going to come up at least 30,000 votes too short - probably more.

Ted, its too close to call in Virginia, seroiusly. I dont think their is a clear winner in this one man, I mean last I heard the Senate was tied 48-48 down the middle, I mean how do you call it? If you give it to Allen, Webb might put into the courts for months to come. You dont know how to call this one, I would want to do it quite frankly, same goes for Tennessee as well

Speaker Pelosi should be fun to watch.

I am particularly interested to see if she follows through to make Alcee Hastings, an impeached federal judge, chair of the Intelligence Committee. The guy took 150K in bribes but will be the House point man in charge of our nation's secrets. Game on.

Last edited:
Well Cardin finally has a lead in Maryland - I thought the networks jumped the gun on that one.

Well Cardin finally has a lead in Maryland - I thought the networks jumped the gun on that one.

Yeah, and he has a lot of votes still out there in counties in which he is currently doing well in.

I hope you have flood insurance for your new condo.

i realize i probably live in the wrong place to detest politics as much as i do, but i didn't detest it as much six years ago. It's getting really deep here, and i live on the eleventh floor.

Can't even follow it on TV. Getting it from you guys. Watching John Ford's "Stagecoach" on TCM. :)

thanks, jim. I would have loved to have seen Ford and Steele (still crossing my fingers) win. I'd love to see the Senate shaken up with a bit of color :)

Saintman, it's looking like you're right. I'd heard earlier that the richmond area was coming in big for Allen, but it looks like some of it is still outstanding and may go toward Webb. At least I hope so.

whoa - Precincts Reporting: 2386 of 2443 (97.67%) , Allen up by only 3,000

VA is very interesting.

CNN says 99% in:
Webb 1,141,052 50%
Allen 1,138,676 49%

VA says 97.67% in:
G F Allen Republican 1,114,969 49.47%
J H Webb Jr Democratic 1,111,806 49.33%

Absentees and recount will decide it.

whoa - Precincts Reporting: 2386 of 2443 (97.67%) , Allen up by only 3,000

Wow, that is close. CNN is saying most of the places that have not been counted are in urban areas like Baltimore city.

99% and Webb has a 3,000 vote lead. It looks like the Dems can take the Senate, too. I think they have won Virginia and Missouri. To tell the truth, I don't know much about the Montana vote, but it may come down to that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom