2022 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD (2 Viewers)

Well an expansion of two additional NBA teams seem very much in the mix.

The three cities I have heard mentioned the most are Seattle, Las Vegas, and St Louis(or KC).

20220427_134942.png

All three would be be further West than NOLA, and could push them to the EC.

However the NBA might look at a travel distance component too. In that case Minnesota might be one of the teams to switch to the east due to their proximity to the great lakes and general distance from the entire WC.

If Missouri got an expansion team they might be in the East due to the travel, otherwise NOLA or Memphis would seem to be the best options.

Of course I think Vegas would be one team selected, and Seattle would seem like the natural second team... but I live in Seattle and I doubt the taxpayers would be willing to pay for a new NBA arena. The NHL Kraken play in Climate Pledge Arena, formerly Key Arena, which is very nicely remodeled but im not sure it would be enticing to the NBA.

Now another thing is Silver has shown a desire for is doing away with conference based playoffs. He pushed for it briefly in the 2020 bubble season. That would really mess with tipoff times.
Is it far-fetched to think that the NBA might actually come up with three different divisions i.e. East Coast ,Central and West Coast? It would definitely ensure more teams in the playoffs.

Is it far-fetched to think that the NBA might actually come up with three different divisions i.e. East Coast ,Central and West Coast? It would definitely ensure more teams in the playoffs.
Dunno but the current playoff system wouldn't work with 3 conferences but it looks like that might get changed anyway

In this Warriors/Nuggets game, Jokic’s arms look like he’s been in a fight with some cats. Brutal.

Man do I want to stomp the Suns next year in the playoffs- beat them straight up without being little ***** *** whiners like the Suns
Unfortunately I’m thinking Chris Paul is going to retire after this season and he’s doing it without a championship ring which kind of makes it sweet

Unfortunately I’m thinking Chris Paul is going to retire after this season and he’s doing it without a championship ring which kind of makes it sweet
Then I want Jose to show up at his house in a State Farm shirt 24/7
Just haunt that man
But what I really want to see is Zionndunking on Crowder again and again and again until he’s crying for real

Last edited:
And I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but my interest in the playoffs just plummeted
You may get interested again if Phoenix vs Golden State meet up. I would like to see Chris Paul and his boy Crowder try that kung-fu stuff on Draymond Green. Lol. Hang the wrestling ropes around the court if that happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom