2022 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD (1 Viewer)

Watching this Mavs vs Suns game is making me feel very positive about the Pelicans future. At least we were able to slow down the Suns. Mavs have not done that yet. In fact this looks like it could be a sweep.
Before the series started, I told my son that the Mavs would do well to win 1 game, and it'd be exceeding expectations to win 2. The Suns are a matchup nightmare for the Mavs. Dallas has 1 really good defender in Finney-Smith, but he can't guard Chris Paul and Booker at the same time.

Maybe Booker will re-injure that hamstring that made him miss 2 games against the Pelicans. :hihi:

On that note is James Harden the most overrated NBA player in NBA history?
He was one of the most dominant offensive forces in NBA history during his prime... but it is looking like that prime has past. Oh and his defense was bad in his first few years, but in his prime his defincies were always overblown as he was actually average there.

He was never one of those guys with supreme speed/quickness, though his speed/strength/body control combination was eliete.

He is on the wrong side of 30, his conditioning in the last two seasons in particular has not been great, and possibly either cause or effect of that conditioning he has dealt with injuries the past few seasons.

He is a lifelong asthamatic and that may somewhat steepen his physical decline... oh and he had COVID. Not great for an asthmatic, who knows what that may have done to his vascular system already dealing with lower oxygen intake.

Either way he seems to be in decline, rapid decline. He is still playing well as a pass first PG... but he is being paid to be a consistently dominant scorer.

The thing that irks me the most about his entire career was his pushing the Rockets into trading Paul and picks for Westbrick.

All I got to say is if Golden State meets Phoenix in the WCF it will be a wrestling match.

Thursday Night. Cinco de Mayo.

Who ever decided it wasn’t a good idea to have a NBA playoff game tonight needs to get their head checked.

Thursday Night. Cinco de Mayo.

Who ever decided it wasn’t a good idea to have a NBA playoff game tonight needs to get their head checked.
TV networks pretty much decide it. TNT and TBS showing NHL tonight. Get your hockey face on tonight. Come back tomorrow for Round 3 basketball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom