2022 Season Ticket Renewals (5 Viewers)

Sounds about right to me. About double what that pair originally cost me in 2006, IIRC.
I moved from the Terrace to my current seats in Loge End Zone in 2006. Tickets were $50 per game in 2006. Now $166.67 per game in 2022 (assuming 9 games this season). $400 cost per ticket then (8 games - no preseason in 2006 due to Katrina) to $1500 now.

It's getting hard to justify these expenses.

I moved from the Terrace to my current seats in Loge End Zone in 2006. Tickets were $50 per game in 2006. Now $166.67 per game in 2022 (assuming 9 games this season). $400 cost per ticket then (8 games - no preseason in 2006 due to Katrina) to $1500 now.

It's getting hard to justify these expenses.

That’s where mine are so actually it’s more than triple.

I live out of the area and go down to NOLA for 4-5 games and sell the others. My seats are in the Loge sideline. Last year was really brutal trying to sell the tickets. Don't expect that to improve much this year so weighing whether I should renew or not at these prices.
I live 900 miles away myself. I've been doing the math, and it may be cheaper to buy resell tickets for the games I want to attend. I don't try to make money off my tickets. I offer most of them to Saints fans for face value -- just to get my money back. Last year I lost money, as no one wanted them at face value. The best ticket (money-wise) last year was the Green Bay game, and that one got moved. I had already sold them for almost enough to cover the entire season, but I lost out because the game got moved.

I live 900 miles away myself. I've been doing the math, and it may be cheaper to buy resell tickets for the games I want to attend. I don't try to make money off my tickets. I offer most of them to Saints fans for face value -- just to get my money back. Last year I lost money, as no one wanted them at face value. The best ticket (money-wise) last year was the Green Bay game, and that one got moved. I had already sold them for almost enough to cover the entire season, but I lost out because the game got moved.
It's funny you say this because the same thing happened to me. If the GB game was played, it would have been easier to stomach the losses elsewhere. I'm with you - if I could sell the tickets I don't go to at face value to another Saints fan, that would be ideal. There were two or three games that I sold last year around 30% of face value a few minutes before the game.

I confirmed my per-game, per-seat price increased by 18.22%. That's a pretty hefty increase, in my opinion.
I looked at the $50 per season ticket increase and initially thought "Well, that's not too bad" and kind of thought that it was the wrong time for any increase with all of the uncertainty. But now that I've done the math on a per game ticket price, you're right! My increase turns out to be an 18.18% increase! My 3 seats went from $770 (avg $77 per game - 10) each to $820 ($91 per game - 9). If they just keep the same increase, by adding the 10th game back to the package next season, the price will be $910! Not liking this trend.

Has it been confirmed that it's 9 games? I thought it was going to 10 - 2 preseason + 8 regulars season games with our ninth "home game" being in London. Do we alternate having 8 or 9 homes games due to the new 17 game schedule?

Has it been confirmed that it's 9 games? I thought it was going to 10 - 2 preseason + 8 regulars season games with our ninth "home game" being in London. Do we alternate having 8 or 9 homes games due to the new 17 game schedule?
Alternating:

8 Home games with 9 Away games, 2 Home preseason, 1 Away preseason - or -
9 Home games with 8 Away games, 1 Home preseason, 2 Away preseason

Alternating:

8 Home games with 9 Away games, 2 Home preseason, 1 Away preseason - or -
9 Home games with 8 Away games, 1 Home preseason, 2 Away preseason

And this year, our first year with 9 Home games, we get stuck with losing one home game to London. Saints fans got the worst end of the deal with the new schedule. You know the Saints in 2023 will hammer us because we will have 10 games (with 8 regular season and 2 preseason) and they will raise our price, even though that extra "10th game" will be a preseason game, which is worth about $5 on the open market. In 2024, they will hammer us again because we will have 9 Regular season games. I might quit the Season Ticket racket soon, my wife has been the holdout the last couple of years, I have been 51/49 to get rid of them. (I have some of the best seats in the dome, and I am thinking about this, cannot imagine what the "Bunker Club" people are thinking.) They eat that stale sandwich very cold.

I'll answer that for you... yep. Prices went up. My seat in 643 is now $820, an increase of $100 from last year.
….and for less games. Last year we payed 770 for 10 games(2&8) and this year its 820 for 9 games(1&8). It would’ve been a 1 Preseason, 9 Regular season season but 1 regular season game is being moved to London.

Confirmed via a message from the Saints: "We do understand your point that we have 1 less game with the London game, but we sell the season tickets as a package."

The Saints get fully compensated by the NFL for lost ticket revenue from missing a home game PLUS a $1 million bonus. Then they charge the fans for the full season as if we didn't lose the game at all. And they invoice people as a "package" - instead of including individual prices for each game they way the used to do - in a very obvious strategy to hope people won't notice they're getting screwed.

My tickets went from $115 per game to $135 per game. That's an 18% increase.

Really hoped we wouldn't lose the Cincy game in the Dome. I was excited to see that on the schedule. The current buzz seems to suggest a London matchup. Upsetting if it falls that way.

Really hoped we wouldn't lose the Cincy game in the Dome. I was excited to see that on the schedule. The current buzz seems to suggest a London matchup. Upsetting if it falls that way.

That would be the ultimate slap in the face to Saints fans. I know many Saints fans don't give a hoot about LSU, but the game will feature one of the hottest young QB's in the league and the LSU angle adds to the game buzz. I sure hope they don't move that game. It was my understanding that the team that loses the Home Game to London has the right to "protect" one game from being moved. I sure hope the Saints protect that game.

The article below says that it can only be one of three games in London, the Raiders, Bengals or Ravens. But then it says the NFL said it can be "any" game that can be moved to London. My guess is somebody in the NFL front office is messing with the Saints again. The rules say, only AFC/NFC games. The NFL probably told saints it is looking like the Bengals. Saints told NFL, no c=dice on that, then NFL said...unofficially...we can move any game. Saints then panic and say, don't move the Rams game. NFL then says ok, we are moving the Bengals game. Saints say...what????

"...the NFL said last Summer that it has amended its international series scheduling rules so that these matchups will always pit an NFC team against an AFC team.

However, on Monday an NFL spokesman said all visiting teams are on the schedule, which doesn’t clarify anything.

Our home record the last few years does not appear to matter because it appears we don't have a home field advantage anymore.

The last four years combined records Home/Away (did not include the Home game in Jacksonville).

Home 20-11
Away 26-7

Confirmed via a message from the Saints: "We do understand your point that we have 1 less game with the London game, but we sell the season tickets as a package."

The Saints get fully compensated by the NFL for lost ticket revenue from missing a home game PLUS a $1 million bonus. Then they charge the fans for the full season as if we didn't lose the game at all. And they invoice people as a "package" - instead of including individual prices for each game they way the used to do - in a very obvious strategy to hope people won't notice they're getting screwed.

My tickets went from $115 per game to $135 per game. That's an 18% increase.
This is a straight bullshirt move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom