2022 Season Ticket Renewals (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the thread.

Got zero emails from anyone, but my invoice sure was waiting for me when I checked my SeatGeek account.

Saints finally responded. They answered my relocation email. Said zilch about the ticket price increase.

Saints finally responded. They answered my relocation email. Said zilch about the ticket price increase.
I got a similar response as others. They spun it as the fact that we have the same number of home games scheduled in the Dome as last year (8) and only lost one preseason game. That seems to be a pretty good way for them to spin in given many do not even go to the preseason games. Probably why they increased this year as they will go back down to 8 next year again.

This is the "justification" that I got from my sales rep.

"So we haven’t raised prices as much as the other NFL teams have the last few seasons…including being the same from 2020 to 2021 season. Last year you guys got 2 preseason and 8 regular season. This year you guys get 1 preseason and 8 regular season. It’s not as bad when you look at it that way. 4 teams a year have to ‘host’ an out of country game and we just got chosen next season."

and another to my response:

"I agree its lesser value with one less game. We haven’t raised prices (for the most part/most locations) since the 2019 season.

It’s really one less preseason game than what you paid for last year…(which can be looked at as in place of an actual price increase)

I get the secondary market was bad last year but hopefully next season will be better with Covid restrictions being lifted. I wish the secondary market would be as good as it was for 10+ years every year."

Since I live out of town and have to sell tickets, the last two years made it very difficult to sell tickets even when the price went down to face value

I will not be renewing my season tickets for the first time since 2006 if Cincinnati is the "home" game played in London. Every other year, we see horrible matchups in London because the home team doesn't want to lose an attractive home game.
The Saints can deal with some Burrow fans in the Dome. After all, I am a huge Joe Burrow fan, and I will be cheering my hardest against him if he plays in the Dome next season.

This is the "justification" that I got from my sales rep.

"So we haven’t raised prices as much as the other NFL teams have the last few seasons…including being the same from 2020 to 2021 season. Last year you guys got 2 preseason and 8 regular season. This year you guys get 1 preseason and 8 regular season. It’s not as bad when you look at it that way. 4 teams a year have to ‘host’ an out of country game and we just got chosen next season."

and another to my response:

"I agree its lesser value with one less game. We haven’t raised prices (for the most p

"Hey man, just renew it and hope that you can resell it.. I have a quota to sell"

I understand that, but it's not just Burrow/Chase. It's the World Champion runner-ups. It would fill up the Dome without question vs other games and bring revenue to the city rather than London.

Yes, you'd have Burrow jerseys galore and fans from both sides. It would be a loud rockin dome. Attending fans either cheer for one team or the other. When has that been different any other game?

The dome should be full for all games. It’s sold out. Locals rooting for the other team is the worst possible scenario. Because you don’t get that visiting fan spending in the city.

Resell went down the crapper last year. Don’t expect it to get better with Payton gone.
I get the secondary market was bad last year but hopefully next season will be better with Covid restrictions being lifted. I wish the secondary market would be as good as it was for 10+ years every year."

The secondary market is way down the past few years and it’s nation wide. I don’t see it changing much in the future.

Ticket prices have “priced out” fanatics and the comforts of home with giant HD TVs, affordable food and drinks and close bathrooms have made attending games less attractive.

I’ve been a season ticket holder since 1999. I’ve kept them in the hope that my young son will take more of an interest in going - he hasn’t really taken an interest in going to more than a game or two a season. I’m finally thinking about letting them go for good and just grabbing an occasional ticket for myself and whatever my son wants to attend.

The resale market is just bad. I ended up selling some last year because I wasn’t comfortable with the Covid situation (I have some medical reasons to be extra cautious). Anyway, more than half of the tickets I sold were for less than half of “face”.

Fans who have been waiting are hopefully going to get their chance to buy season tickets because a lot of folks who can’t do the full season of attendance are going to start letting them go as opposed to losing money. The same can be said for the folks who bought them just to scalp - so that’s a fortunate side to the resale dip.

I really hope the tickets do get released back to eager fans who will go and restore the home field advantage.

Mine might be in that lot. I don’t know for sure but I’m considering it for sure.

Sort of off topic, as far as Saints season ticket invoices. But in general, an interesting spin.

One thing I have come to learn recently, in talking with someone that has their own individual LLC. Individual owned LLC's buy season tickets, then turn around and sell the tickets. They write the cost of the tickets off against their LLC and then double dip by selling the tickets. They do this for the Saints and the Pelicans, without ever having the intent on attending one game!!! There is someone else I know, who owns multiple NFL season tickets, for a number of NFL teams, including the Packers. He has been doing this for about 15 years and makes a killing. He also does it for a few NBA teams and makes good. Just not as good as he does with the 10-12 NFL teams, he has season tickets for. There are season ticket entrepreneurs out there for sure.

Given the 900 miles I live from NOLA, I would prefer to have the cheapest seats I can get (until I retire), because I can't make it to most games. Every year, I try to move my seats. Every year I'm told there are no cheaper seats available. The past few years, after no cheaper seats were available to me, friends on the waiting list got offered seats that were cheaper than mine. That, coupled with the large price increase, have me strongly considering non-renewal. My biggest issue is that I spent a long time on the waiting list, and I don't want to go back to the bottom of the list once I retire.

I am so pi$$ed right now! Just got off the phone with my ticket rep, Andrew Boylan. He confirmed there are only 9 games in the Dome and we have to pay the same as if there were 10 games. His justification is that the cost will be spread over 9 games instead of 10. I have no clue why he thought that would make me feel better about the situation.

I asked if a ticket to the London game would be in our package since it's a "home" game and he confirmed we would have to buy tickets to the London game if we want to go.

It says I have a 178 dollar credit. Is that for losing the Packers home game from last year? It's listed as 2021 Hurricane Cancel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom