2024 Tropical Weather Thread (12 Viewers)

Yes, I heard a met on WWL yesterday say the low pressure systems that roll off the African coast this time of year
are coming off more northerly than normal. This is causing them to mix with dry Saharan air. That was definitely
nice to hear.

The season is still far from Over. Hurricane Michael formed in the south western Caribbean in October. The bad ones
don't always form off the African coast.

There is a time frame next week when there is less Saharan dust, pretty much the entire Atlantic and especially the GOM is clear of dust. I'm telling my forecasters to pay more attention during that time frame.

Every time this thread gets bumped and I see the latest poster is @bclemms I always say to myself, "Aww, shirt. Do I really want to click on this?" :hihi:
Bump. GFS is continually indicating a hurricane hitting the northern gulf coast in the next 8-10 days. Long way off, lot can happen but about the time to start monitoring for possibilities.

Bump. GFS is continually indicating a hurricane hitting the northern gulf coast in the next 8-10 days. Long way off, lot can happen but about the time to start monitoring for possibilities.

mods- delete please.

thx.

;)

Edit: nm- can keep - its hitting Panama City.

Oddly. I close on my house Sept 10. My gf name is Francine. And the next name of a storm is Francine.

I can just see this hitting Lafayette now 🤣

Oddly. I close on my house Sept 10. My gf name is Francine. And the next name of a storm is Francine.

I can just see this hitting Lafayette now 🤣
Hopefully before you close so the worries of fixing the house are on the current owner :hihi:

Nothing tropical up this way. Last week the surf report at Assateague Island said "placid". Placid is not what you want to hear in a surf report.

As a matter of fact, Mon-Thursday next week look like highs in the upper 70's and lows in the upper 50's - low 60's. I'll turn off the A/C...in early September...in the mid-Atlantic. Go figure.

Last edited:
worth watcing now
The GFS model that had a storm in the northern gulf just up and disappeared like a fart in the wind.
low temp for 9/9 on ms coast is 60 according to the 7 day forecast. It might make not it that low,but the worst of the summer heat is behind us now

Last edited:
The Weather Channel's in New Orleans at Woldenberg Park.

for what ? rain?
Rain is a big deal when the locals live in a bowl. Frankly without devastating hurricanes to report on, the Weather Channel is getting desperate for a story to run. Since we are very close to the peak of the season, those reporters expected a lot more action at this time of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom