Bears request permission to interview Saints Assistant GM Jeff Ireland (1 Viewer)

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Dammit the Saints need to give him the same position and a raise to keep him. Ireland is the reason this team is so talented. I’m not ready to go back to the days of meaningless drafts!

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it is a good thing that Ireland is considered elsewhere, it shows we are doing things right.

As we speak, Chicago is requesting permissions to interview head coach and general manager candidates. If I was Ireland, I will be only interested in the position if I have final say on hiring the head coach, my future will depend on that hire.

So Ireland can go, he can also be offered the position, but can come back to the saints and ask them for something similar in order to stay. Basically a promotion is not out of the question.

And in case he leaves, I would not have a problem bringing Rick Spielman who was just released by the vikings. They always have solid drafts and their main problem has been finding a quarterback, I think he can get help for that.

It's not the end of the world....Life goes on and good people will leave for promotions when your organization is doing things right.

Last edited:

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
I’m sure there’s other guys out there who can scout. If we lose Ireland, they need to find a new beast. I mean, we still have all of our scouts. And I’d bank money some assistant is learning every single rope Ireland had to learn from.

If he’s gone, oh well.

Westbank4Life

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I don't see a problem with him giving it another shot at GM. If it's his dream to not go out as the failure GM he was perceived as with Miami, I support him. Go for it.

Other than that he can continue to be a talent scout here.

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Only thing I got from this is Ryan Pace is likely coming home lol

SAINTIN NEBR

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Success breeds jealousy. Jealousy breeds entitlement. So, instead of taking risks with unknown or people that face adversity. They want what appears the easiest and surest road to success.

This is how I would describe Chicago post 1985. They also got a new stadium that needs to get funded.
They need a whole new ownership. They keep wheeling that ole girl out there ( Virginia McCaskey ) as if she's some heroic icon from days gone by. Someone needs to tell them the 1920's are long gone.... oh, and leave our Saints alone.

town123

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My only problem is Ireland would probably hire DA as coach. Da Bears doing a double poach.

They'd be crying to come home before the first frosty winter is out.

DCJohnson104

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I’d be more comfortable in losing DA, even with the defensive turn around, than losing Ireland. It appears CSP has Nielsen waiting to be DC. Hopefully, that means CSP trusts him like he does DA.

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ireland on WWL. It definitely sounds like he wants that job. He has a zoom interview and if he makes it to the second round they’ll bring him in.

Eeyore

Ded inside
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tell them no.

Seriously, I know we won't do that. But, I would like to see if maybe we can move Loomis up to a higher role and give Ireland the GM job. Then maybe bring Pace back as head of Pro Player Personnel. I know he sucked in the draft at Chicago, but Pace was good as head of Pro Player Personnel with us and having Ireland, Loomis, and effectively Payton over him in personnel decision would help. And Pace was actually pretty good as far as singing NFL free agents in Chicago. He certainly was right about Hicks.
Pace was terrible at the draft in Chicago and Hicks is/was a known locker room problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom