Bobby Hebert: Marshon Lattimore is Becoming Michael Thomas 2.0 for the Saints (3 Viewers)

Lattimore is more valuable now than anything we will get in trade compensation.

I think the issue is that Adebo is coming into a contract year, Alonte will becoming the following year and we just drafted a highly touted Kool-Aide McKinstry from Bama. Can Adebo / Taylor / McKinstry fill the void of Lattimore? You could argue that we have filled that void effectively the last 2 years Lattimore was injured.

My stance is that Lattimore is a different level of player, and truly changes our defensive plays when in the game. His game elevates several other players. I'm glad this isn't my decision.

Bobby just rants. He has no inside information.

I'm telling you guys, Bobby is a Falcon operative. It probably didn't sit well with Lattimore that DA is apologizing to the Falcons and Bobby's marching orders were to do a hit job on Lattimore because of it.

Last edited:
I have heard that Latt's trade value is not very high, i.e. 3rd or 4th round, which may be a reason not to trade him. According to the radio pundits, CB's are not getting the trade value they had in the past. It appears to be a league wide issue, not a personal one.

I'm starting to think that Bobby's pronunciation issues are more of an indication that his brain doesn't work right, than anything else.

Lattimore has had a couple injuries in the last couple of years, but in no way does that mean he's equivalent to the train wreck that Thomas had become.

I have heard that Latt's trade value is not very high, i.e. 3rd or 4th round, which may be a reason not to trade him. According to the radio pundits, CB's are not getting the trade value they had in the past. It appears to be a league wide issue, not a personal one.

If he’s traded, it’s unlikely to be because of compensation, and more likely because of a strained relationship / cap relief.

To anybody who reads that and thinks I’m certain Lattimore is a problem, I’m not. What I’m saying is no team is eager to trade a high performing starter for a mid pick so it’s always for some other reason, and that’s usually because of some kind of breakdown in the relationship and/or money related.

If the team lets him go for an unattractive deal, you can bet there’s more going on.

I guess I don't understand why people get butt hurt over a report like this. There is either validity or not.
I can see a reason to keep and/or trade Lattimore.

Cajun Cannon holds nothing back in this segment. It's about 30 minutes. He doesn't believe DA when he states that Latt will be a team member for the entire season.

I agree with Bobby. Lets be real, these arent "voluntary" practices. They are mandatory disguised due to NFL player union rules. For me personally, im more pissed that Kamara or Jamaal Williams arent out there. What is better for them to do? Gel with your teammates and NEW coaches and create chemistry or pose with Mickey Mouse in Disney Land? Isn't football what they do? And especially coming off 3 straight non playoff seasons, ie losing seasons. Taysom Hill is out there and he's a long tenured vet. Whatever. At the end of the season, when you're trying to cull your roster, you look at these type players first.

Last edited:
Bobby ranting about anybody else causing problems w/the team is especially rich, after fighting w/the front office & holding out! We talked off/on all night, then he lied to my face, saying his agent was signing a new contract while not telling me it was with Atlanta!
He needs to fade off into the swamp & go fishing(not like he needs an excuse to go drinking!)

If he’s traded, it’s unlikely to be because of compensation, and more likely because of a strained relationship / cap relief.

To anybody who reads that and thinks I’m certain Lattimore is a problem, I’m not. What I’m saying is no team is eager to trade a high performing starter for a mid pick so it’s always for some other reason, and that’s usually because of some kind of breakdown in the relationship and/or money related.

If the team lets him go for an unattractive deal, you can bet there’s more going on.

Lattimore saves the Saints $20.758m in cap space in 2025 if he is a post-June 1 trade this season, or a post-June 1 cut next season. The Saints will save a total of $51.5m in trading Lattimore after June 1 this year.

The Saints just drafted Kool Aid.

Paulson Adebo is due a serious payday if he has another season as good as last year's.

I love Lattimore, but the last two seasons have proven this secondary is still elite without him. The Saints sure as heck look like they are building in preparation to move on without him.

Trading Lattimore for anything will be better than cutting him next season.

I'd agree with all of this except, Lattimore was the top CB the year he was drafted. Lattimore would have been a #1 CB where ever he went. I don't think DA developed him into anything. If he's in KC and Mahomes is in New Orleans, I don't think Lattimore is any less of a CB and I don't think Mahomes doesn't become Mahomes. These were top players, first round picks.

Give DA all the credit for developing Gardner-Johnson and Adebo, but I think it's a stretch to say he developed Lattimore.
Nothing’s guaranteed for a top CB prospect without a great defensive coach bringing his skill or performance to the next level through the scheme or coverage technique. Lattimore was expected to be an immediate good starter who should hold down one of the CB spots for a long time. DA’s tutelage helped him become a top 5 elite corner.

For every elite top 10-20 CB pick who looks like they should dominate from day 1, there’s a top 10-20 bust/average CB who flames out of the league or becomes a journeyman depth CB in 5 years. There’s Jeff Okudah (3rd overall), CJ Henderson (9th overall), Kevin Johnson, Hargreaves, and Arnette busting from the top 10-20 just as much as there’s a Lattimore, Ward, Sauce or Jaire.

Nothing’s guaranteed for a top CB prospect without a great defensive coach bringing his skill or performance to the next level through the scheme or coverage technique. Lattimore was expected to be an immediate good starter who should hold down one of the CB spots for a long time. DA’s tutelage helped him become a top 5 elite corner.

For every elite top 10-20 CB pick who looks like they should dominate from day 1, there’s a top 10-20 bust/average CB who flames out of the league or becomes a journeyman depth CB in 5 years. There’s Jeff Okudah (3rd overall), CJ Henderson (9th overall), Kevin Johnson, Hargreaves, and Arnette busting from the top 10-20 just as much as there’s a Lattimore, Ward, Sauce or Jaire.

Sometimes players aren't as good as their draft position. If your theory was true, those players would have moved on to develop into the player their draft position suggested when teamed with a better coach. Arnette went on to player for Miami who doesn't a decent job with CBs. I don't think DA is turning Arnette or Okudah into the best CBs in Saints history the Saints had drafted them. DA is a secondary guru, but you're giving him too much credit for Lattimore's success. We don't have a team of Lattimore's back there. Give Lattimore his credit.

Not a fan of Bobby but he’s dead on on this one. He isn’t as loud as Mike was outside the building but trust me he’s has been a huge headache for Allen and his perceived culture.

I'm telling you guys, Bobby is a Falcon operative. It probably didn't sit well with Lattimore that DA is apologizing to the Falcons and Bobby's marching orders were to do a hit job on Lattimore because of it.

Don't know about that but I can't believe ol Bobby is still employed as an "analyst" or "talking head" or whatever they call them now.....he's horrible.....

As for his relevancy, Latt has been a much more valuable Saint than Bobby ever was, Bobby wouldn't know good leadership from the QB position if it up and bit him.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom