Buccee’s (2 Viewers)

McDowell has surprised me this season. His win was a bit of a fluke, but he's had some decent runs this season. So maybe not as much of a fluke as I first thought.

Yeah, yeah - but her response was classic. Like, she didn't even pause, it was ready to go. She had obviously been thinking about it.

And I think I agree with her that they should have all had cake.

They got good brisket sandwiches.

They are opening one in MS at I 10 and Menge.

I used to work for a company that called on them. They were supposed to open one somewhere between Lake Charles and Lafayette, bu that was years ago. I guess that fell through.

But a few months later, those plans fell through. Nadalo said the privately held chain needed a “critical mass” of stores to overcome the costs associated with expanding and operating in a new market.

"To date, we have only been able to secure one site," he told The Advocate in November 2016. "As a result, we have decided not to move forward in Baton Rouge."

Wonder why they can't lock down sites other than the BR one. I'm reminded of the Disney issues which forced them to Orlando.

They got good brisket sandwiches.

They are opening one in MS at I 10 and Menge.

I used to work for a company that called on them. They were supposed to open one somewhere between Lake Charles and Lafayette, bu that was years ago. I guess that fell through.
The brisket is pretty good!! I live down Menge by THE OAKS and unless someone can improve the exit/entry ramps from the interstate this is going to be a traffic nightmare like it is in Alabama.

The brisket is pretty good!! I live down Menge by THE OAKS and unless someone can improve the exit/entry ramps from the interstate this is going to be a traffic nightmare like it is in Alabama.
Oh its gonna be a nightmare. I lived in Texas for 16 years after I graduated from state so been to Bucces many times so it really has no big interest anymore. Only reason I would stop was for the bathroom.

That’s going to take a while. They also signed a contract to build the largest ever - Arizona I thin but I don’t remember. (It’s not Texas).

Also, I haven’t had their brisket, but how good can it be?

Tennessee.

I was disappointed with the sliced brisket sandwich I got there. A lot of gristle. Maybe chopped would be better with more sauce to surface ratio. The pulled pork was better.

Bottom line is it is a great place for snacks, but don't make it a destination for a good meal. We stop there on the way to the beach. I get a sandwich or 2 to to nibble on when we get to the condo and don't have dinner going yet. It's OK as a snack but nothing to look forward to. But you're stopping there for snacks anyway so might as well try a sandwich.

Don't forget the sauce containers they have on the side. Your sandwich will be dry without them. Not recommended for eating in the car.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom