Buccee’s (2 Viewers)

Tennessee.

I was disappointed with the sliced brisket sandwich I got there. A lot of gristle. Maybe chopped would be better with more sauce to surface ratio. The pulled pork was better.

Bottom line is it is a great place for snacks, but don't make it a destination for a good meal. We stop there on the way to the beach. I get a sandwich or 2 to to nibble on when we get to the condo and don't have dinner going yet. It's OK as a snack but nothing to look forward to. But you're stopping there for snacks anyway so might as well try a sandwich.

Don't forget the sauce containers they have on the side. Your sandwich will be dry without them. Not recommended for eating in the car.

This sounds right. I don't have time for bad BBQ. I will stick to jerky and Doritos.

Outside of the jerky, all food they make inside the store is completely forgettable. The pulled pork and beef brisket is among the worst I have ever eaten, including at people's homes who have no idea how to cook brisket or pulled pork. Food that sits under a heat lamp is never good. Buccees is just another Texas Pride thing.

The jerky isn't really anything special, but they have some flavors that are different than the norm so it's good to break it up. Outside of that, all Buccees does is delay my arrival longer than a Quick Trip might.

as fsr as food under the heat lamp, the few times I've been, I've never seen food sit under the heat lamp. heck when my wife got one she had to wait for her number to be called, there was a wait for the brisket and pulled pork. I haven't eaten one, so I can't vouch for the taste, or lack there of..

Just went to the one in Baytown. It was packed with people which you would expect today. Used their clean bathrooms and bought some stuff. Kids wanted a rice crispy treat and it was blah. The wife could make better at home

We had a story on the local news (MS Gulf Coast) that said a Buc-ee's was approved for construction here. I have driven by the one in Alabama multiple times but have never stopped. I will have to check the new one here out once it is completed.

We had a story on the local news (MS Gulf Coast) that said a Buc-ee's was approved for construction here. I have driven by the one in Alabama multiple times but have never stopped. I will have to check the new one here out once it is completed.
Menge exit near Biloxi.

As someone who tries as hard as I can not to go into a gas station, Bucees sounds like a nightmare to me

As someone who tries as hard as I can not to go into a gas station, Bucees sounds like a nightmare to me

It's definitely not a nightmare... The place is always freshly cleaned and whatever lines they have always move quickly. I'll usually stop for $0.99/20lb ice or coffee or gas or maybe a breakfast taco or brisket sandwich. Generally, quick in/out.

On some days, i.e. holiday weekends, it can be pretty crowded, but they are experts at moving many people.... that said, I usually avoid those days since I'm trying to get to my destination without delay...

This sounds right. I don't have time for bad BBQ. I will stick to jerky and Doritos.

Doritos? I'd rather eat cake with canned cheese on it.

On a side note, I've been in one Buccee's, the one outside Houston in Baytown(?) and I don't get the hype. It's just a big convenience store and the size and number of customers eliminates the convenience part.

Doritos? I'd rather eat cake with canned cheese on it.

On a side note, I've been in one Buccee's, the one outside Houston in Baytown(?) and I don't get the hype. It's just a big convenience store and the size and number of customers eliminates the convenience part.

I thought most of the customers were rather averaged sized.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom