Colin Cowherd on DA "I think he's done" (2 Viewers)

It blows my mind how many people are just so easily dismissive of Loomis and how easily they jump to "Oh, just get another GM". Look, I'm not aggressively defending Loomis -- maybe his time has come. But what I do feel fully confident about is that, post-XLIV, Loomis was doing what Payton wanted in the draft and in free agency. And his decision to ride on with DA, while obviously wrong in hindsight, wasn't unreasonable based on what was known at the time, and what this franchise's m.o. is.

If it was easy to get a Howie Roseman off the street, everyone would do it. Watch what you wish for, one day you might get it.
Do you think Loomis would be given the GM job at any of the 32 team franchises? Nope!!

It blows my mind how many people are just so easily dismissive of Loomis and how easily they jump to "Oh, just get another GM". Look, I'm not aggressively defending Loomis -- maybe his time has come. But what I do feel fully confident about is that, post-XLIV, Loomis was doing what Payton wanted in the draft and in free agency. And his decision to ride on with DA, while obviously wrong in hindsight, wasn't unreasonable based on what was known at the time, and what this franchise's m.o. is.

If it was easy to get a Howie Roseman off the street, everyone would do it. Watch what you wish for, one day you might get it.
Gayle is not firing Loomis, but in the abstract, you should never keep someone that is not succeeding at their job because you are afraid you can’t do better than them.

That’s how sports franchises in particular become perennial losers.

Gayle is not firing Loomis, but in the abstract, you should never keep someone that is not succeeding at their job because you are afraid you can’t do better than them.

That’s how sports franchises in particular become perennial losers.
I understand that what you say above sounds good, but that doesn’t make it true.

Riddle me this, Batman:

1) So what brilliant person in the Saints organization has a proven record choosing the general manager that’s going to be better than Loomis?

2) The NFL is littered with examples of perennial losers that can’t choose a decent GM.

I‘ve yet to see evidence of Loomis being consistently incompetent especially if you believe, as I do, that the organization gave immense personnel decision making power to Payton, and that they knowingly sacrificed the future chasing a ring in Drew’s last years. That’s not incompetence; that’s just chickens coming home to roost.

I understand that what you say above sounds good, but that doesn’t make it true.

Riddle me this, Batman:

1) So what brilliant person in the Saints organization has a proven record choosing the general manager that’s going to be better than Loomis?

2) The NFL is littered with examples of perennial losers that can’t choose a decent GM.

I‘ve yet to see evidence of Loomis being consistently incompetent especially if you believe, as I do, that the organization gave immense personnel decision making power to Payton, and that they knowingly sacrificed the future chasing a ring in Drew’s last years. That’s not incompetence; that’s just chickens coming home to roost.
That’s not even what I was saying. I even said, “in the abstract.” But ok.

And you say that based on…?
It was pretty common knowledge Sean was de facto GM after the 1st yr here, and Ireland picks the D talent. Loomis wasn't a talent evaluator when he was hired, then or now. You ever notice Loomis never stood on the table for any draft pick.....good or bad. Because he never picked them. Ireland was brought in to pick talent. It is obvious he has done a great job on defense. The O line picks are Sean/Loomis's picks.

Don't be daft. He's the architect of the most winning period in franchise history.
You mean he had a window seat riding the coat tails of a Sean/Ireland "Architect" don't make me laugh. It was pretty common knowledge Sean was de facto GM after the 1st yr here, and Ireland picks the talent.

Loomis wasn't a talent evaluator when he was hired, then or now. You ever notice Loomis never stood on the table for any draft pick.....good or bad. Because he never picked them. Ireland was brought in to pick talent. It is obvious he has done a great job on defense. The O line picks are Sean/Loomis's picks. You could tell it was Sean who made the picks.

Right down the hall in Jeff Ireland's office. The guy who has been picking the talent all along.

I have a list of incompetency:

The Watson fiasco.
Getting Ms Gayle to meet and try to normalize a QB who wants 250 million $$, but has 25 and counting sexual harassment accusations, a bullet we luckily missed.

The "all in" "play offs" nonsense pipe dream Loomis has been blowing up our butts for DAs 1st and 2nd yr, and only returning losing seasons.

Trading up and drafting a run blocking project LT bust, you have to still teach to pass block, and having the arrogance to think you can have him ready for day one ready to play.

Not replacing Pete as OC before this season.

Extending Ruiz's contract, and having him get blown up and abused by LuVu of the Panthers in his the very next game.

Letting the O line run on bald tires for the last 3yrs, that we have gotten almost every QB to suit up for us hurt multiple times.

Signing Carr for 150 million$$, and can't get him to play better than Andy Dalton. Etc.

I have more if you like.

You mean he had a window seat riding the coat tails of a Sean/Ireland "Architect" don't make me laugh. It was pretty common knowledge Sean was de facto GM after the 1st yr here, and Ireland picks the talent.

Loomis wasn't a talent evaluator when he was hired, then or now. You ever notice Loomis never stood on the table for any draft pick.....good or bad. Because he never picked them. Ireland was brought in to pick talent. It is obvious he has done a great job on defense. The O line picks are Sean/Loomis's picks. You could tell it was Sean who made the picks.
Who hired Sean?

That’s not even what I was saying. I even said, “in the abstract.” But ok.
Well if it’s not relevant to the point of the thread, what was the purpose of the comment? Not being argumentative for the sake of argument…what point are you making that I’m missing?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom