Comic Book Talk (2 Viewers)

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The "what are you reading" thread gave me the idea to kick off a comic book discussion thread. I was kind of surprised that we didn't have one going already, seeing as we have a rather diverse crowd of comic lovers. So, to get this one going, I bring this news:

https://screenrant.com/superman-costume-action-comics/

And I couldn't be more excited by it! :)

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know what you do with him at this point. He's got nothing left in the tank and I think we're past the point of his name value being any real benefit.

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know what you do with him at this point. He's got nothing left in the tank and I think we're past the point of his name value being any real benefit.
Yeah. Put him out to pasture. He's done. Maybe Lee sees what DiDio didn't.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
You guys know me and know that I am a huge Batman fan. Denny O'Neil is one of the reasons why. As a Batman fan, this loss hurts me more than Stan Lee's. I was hoping to meet him this year at a con before everything got cancelled. It sucks I won't get a chance to meet one of the icons now. This stings a lot.

RIP Denny

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
You guys know me and know that I am a huge Batman fan. Denny O'Neil is one of the reasons why. As a Batman fan, this loss hurts me more than Stan Lee's. I was hoping to meet him this year at a con before everything got cancelled. It sucks I won't get a chance to meet one of the icons now. This stings a lot.

RIP Denny

Ouch, man. This one really stings.

Sun Wukong

The Richest Duck in the World
Reaction score
Yeah, this one is terrible. I've said before that even to this day if someone were to ask me to picture Batman (both visually and as a character) it would be the Dennis O'Neil/Neal Adam's version.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
Yeah, this one is terrible. I've said before that even to this day if someone were to ask me to picture Batman (both visually and as a character) it would be the Dennis O'Neil/Neal Adam's version.
Yep (although Aparo is my favorite Batman artist).

I met Jim Starlin a few years ago and asked him about his time working on Batman. Denny was group editor at the time. I had some great laughs with him. He said he thought Denny was insane with his thought processes. Scripts he submitted were published out of order, returned multiple times, etc. In the end, they were all the right decisions.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
O'Neil's last written work is coming out this week in the Green Lantern special, drawn by Mike Grell. It was a decent, touching read.

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
This is a decent read highlighting some things we already touched on, but adds another nugget to it. Not sure how Peter David has become such an expert on the distribution market. Lol

Torgo

I am Torgo
Reaction score
This is a decent read highlighting some things we already touched on, but adds another nugget to it. Not sure how Peter David has become such an expert on the distribution market. Lol

I know this is a bit off topic, but Peter David might be my favorite comics writer.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dude writes everything in and out of comics. I've been collecting his entire She-Hulk run as of late.
Same dude who wrote Star Trek novels back in the day?

Grandadmiral

Reaction score
So in my list of favorite characters, She-Hulk is #2 after Batman (Don't judge me; she was my comic book childhood crush). Lately, I have been hating how they have been drawing her, but alas. I'll be getting this book simply because she's on it. It'll be the only Empyre tie-in I'll get unless this crap bleeds into X-Men. But dammit to hell, make her look like a woman again.

:rant:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Complex Kid NFL reading room: 32 teams, 32 book recommendations Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3