Comparing some of Drew Brees's worst games to that of Taysom Hill vs the Broncos (1 Viewer)

We had a 5,000 yard QB on the bench watching a gadget man throw 78 yards against a team that had thrown in the towel.

It seems like you are saying you know how the Saints graded Hill's preseason performances. If so, what were the Saints grades of Hill's preseason performances? I'm curious to know how they graded him.

Also, if you know how they graded him for the Atlanta and Denver games, I'd like to know those as well.

I'll give you the TL;DR version. He's still here (and got paid, promised a chance to be Teddy B 2.0) for a reason. They also are cognizant of issues he's had and are doing several things for that. 1. Designing a lot of plays to hide his faults and promote his strengths (like any good coach would) and 2. they're working with him on where he struggles.

Of course, one game doesn't break him. That said through preseason games and regular season appearances we have seen him struggle with what made him so bad vs Denver, and the Denver game showed no improvement. once again, not enough to throw in the towel on him. But it's very concerning to not see any progression through the years.

1606831054660.gif

I really think Y'all should take a chill pill and wait for crucifying our promising "rookie QB"

Let's compare Taysoms QBR to some of Drew Breeses worst QB ratings the last couple of years (as per ESPN, don't know if they are comparable as they had T Hill at 33.8 QBR vs the Broncos). https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2580/type/nfl/year/2015

2018 vs CAR = 24.3
2018 vs DAL = 17.9
2018 vs NYG = 33.6
2017 vs NE = 37.3
2016 bs Bucs = 26.9
2106 vs ATL = 38.3
2015 vs TEX = 25.5
2015 vs PHI = 22.0
2015 vs. Bucs = 22.7

Brees has had on avg more than 1+ WORSE GAMES (or very close to) per season, than Taysom Hill had Sunday!! Brees lost most of these games, Taysom didn't. Brees is a bonified hall of famer. So chill please!
Yea, but Bree's wasn't going up against a wr playing qb, didn't have the #1 defense, and didn't have 229 rushing yards in any of those games. Be real

I really think Y'all should take a chill pill and wait for crucifying our promising "rookie QB"

Let's compare Taysoms QBR to some of Drew Breeses worst QB ratings the last couple of years (as per ESPN, don't know if they are comparable as they had T Hill at 33.8 QBR vs the Broncos). https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2580/type/nfl/year/2015

2018 vs CAR = 24.3
2018 vs DAL = 17.9
2018 vs NYG = 33.6
2017 vs NE = 37.3
2016 bs Bucs = 26.9
2106 vs ATL = 38.3
2015 vs TEX = 25.5
2015 vs PHI = 22.0
2015 vs. Bucs = 22.7

Brees has had on avg more than 1+ WORSE GAMES (or very close to) per season, than Taysom Hill had Sunday!! Brees lost most of these games, Taysom didn't. Brees is a bonified hall of famer. So chill please!

Wth even is QBR?

Yea, but Bree's wasn't going up against a wr playing qb, didn't have the #1 defense, and didn't have 229 rushing yards in any of those games. Be real
Actually wasnt that year one of the worst nfl defenses on record?

I see your point but the part about winning the game you should forget about and never use it again as part of the argument to prove this point.

This game the saints won by default, the opponent had no QB.
Also our defense is playing at an insane level right now. Probably better than they’ve played Drew’s entire career.

Wth even is QBR?
It is a really flawed quarterback rating system that heavily favors running qb's. ESPN came up with it during Tebow's time in Denver. It certainly seemed at the time like a way for them to make him look like a much better player than he was in order to justify how much time they spent covering him.

Tim Tebow posted a QBR of 63.2 (2010) by throwing 2 more tds than ints, only completing 50% of his passes (217 yards per game) and getting sacked once every 13 pass attempts.

Drew Brees (2016) posted a slightly better QBR of 65.1 by throwing for 37 tds & 15 ints, completing 70% of his passes (326 yards per game), and only taking a sack once out of every 25 attempts.

It's just a weird metric to me.

You all do realize the starting left side of online didn't play in this game...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom