Cops: Man Choked 8-Year-Old Girl in Restaurant Bathroom (1 Viewer)

This is a singular event - how can you find a "lesson" here
If you can demonstrate a history or show a pattern or something maybe
But this sort of outran du jour tends to mask rather than expose actual dangers

Unfortunately, this is not a "singular event". It is only being widely reported because of this transgender silliness.

The real lesson is NEVER let your kids go into public restrooms without an adult.

Sexual abuse of children is a huge issue and while most of it is someone they know, there is a lot that isn't.

And there is a very good chance if it happens to your child, you won't know it until they are about 45 years old, sometimes earlier but almost certainly long after they are adults.

That is basically why I posted this article. I think men should stay out of the womens bathroom...period. Transgender or not. I am not in fear of the tranny hurting someone in the bathroom its the freaks that would use the law to do something like this that bothers me.

So how exactly does a law banning transgenders from the sex they identify with stop THIS situation from happening?

Transgender discrimination law passes...heterosexual men, like I'm assuming you are, can will still do this. YOU are a bigger threat to my daughter than anyone and I will continue to treat you like such. I don't need a law that discriminates against transgenders to be vigilant about my daughter's surroundings. If you walk into the girls bathroom, I'm going in right behind you, law or now law. This is easy. Stop being stupid. These are the harder problems in life.

Unfortunately, this is not a "singular event". It is only being widely reported because of this transgender silliness.

The real lesson is NEVER let your kids go into public restrooms without an adult.

Sexual abuse of children is a huge issue and while most of it is someone they know, there is a lot that isn't.

And there is a very good chance if it happens to your child, you won't know it until they are about 45 years old, sometimes earlier but almost certainly long after they are adults.

EXACTLY. Yes, there is a chance that this type of incident can happen to your children. The morely likely scenario...and it's insanely more likely...is that one of your relatives or close family friends will sexually assault your child. How likely? It's happened to someone that will read this AND it will happen to someone that has read this. it's THAT likely. But we're off creating bogeymen out of men who identify as women, but entrusting our children to the people most likely to cause them harm.

So how exactly does a law banning transgenders from the sex they identify with stop THIS situation from happening?

Transgender discrimination law passes...heterosexual men, like I'm assuming you are, can will still do this. YOU are a bigger threat to my daughter than anyone and I will continue to treat you like such. I don't need a law that discriminates against transgenders to be vigilant about my daughter's surroundings. If you walk into the girls bathroom, I'm going in right behind you, law or now law. This is easy. Stop being stupid. These are the harder problems in life.

EXACTLY. Yes, there is a chance that this type of incident can happen to your children. The morely likely scenario...and it's insanely more likely...is that one of your relatives or close family friends will sexually assault your child. How likely? It's happened to someone that will read this AND it will happen to someone that has read this. it's THAT likely. But we're off creating bogeymen out of men who identify as women, but entrusting our children to the people most likely to cause them harm.

To me the issue arises about this happening more frequently because for the past century a man trying to walk into a women's restroom would have been stopped. If he walked in without anyone knowing, he would have been met with a woman inside screaming and causing a scene. With the Target-like rules in place people are going to turn more of a blind eye of a man walking into the women's restroom because they don't want to make a scene and be called insensitive, transgendered fearing, etc. They'll just assume he must identify with himself being a woman and to me that opens a really big door to make it EASIER for pedophiles to slip into the bathroom. Is it impossible for them to do it now? Absolutely not, but this just makes it easier IMO.

To me the issue arises about this happening more frequently because for the past century a man trying to walk into a women's restroom would have been stopped. If he walked in without anyone knowing, he would have been met with a woman inside screaming and causing a scene. With the Target-like rules in place people are going to turn more of a blind eye of a man walking into the women's restroom because they don't want to make a scene and be called insensitive, transgendered fearing, etc. They'll just assume he must identify with himself being a woman and to me that opens a really big door to make it EASIER for pedophiles to slip into the bathroom. Is it impossible for them to do it now? Absolutely not, but this just makes it easier IMO.

I don't really understand this argument . As said above, children who are too young to defend themselves shouldn't be in a restroom alone regardless. Others can still kick and scream same as before. I don't believe there's going to be this huge upswing of sexual assaults due to a tranny being in the room.

If someone is transgender they will be dressed AND look like the sex they identify with. If they are just a perv trying to get in the bathroom to spy on our kids they will not.

201604_0707_afgfh_sm.jpg

Talk about "more than meets the eye."

If someone is transgender they will be dressed AND look like the sex they identify with. If they are just a perv trying to get in the bathroom to spy on our kids they will probably be a legislator of some kind.

ftfy

I don't really understand this argumen . As said above, children who are too young to defend themselves shouldn't be in a restroom alone regardless. Others can still kick and scream same as before. I don't believe there's going to be this huge upswing of sexual assaults due to a tyranny being in the room.

I dunno it should be perfectly fine to send an 8-10 year old boy into the men's bathroom alone while waiting outside the door and the same for an 8-10 year old girl into the women's with the safe assumption that there isn't a man in the women's restroom at the time.

Laws seeking to force people to use the restroom related to their birth gender is a solution in search of a problem. And this primary argument that allowing transgender people in the restroom of the gender they identify with will pave the way for an increase of bathroom assaults is flawed. Somebody who is intent on harming another person will seek out opportunities and if we are going to argue that a man can easily disguise himself as a woman and prey on children in restrooms, alternatively, that same person could forego the disguise and simply claim to have been born a woman and proceed into the women's restroom, as North Carolina and other laws are instructing.

The point is rather simple: If a man wants to assault women and children in a public restroom, laws either way aren't likely to make that easier or more difficult. The disturbing incident that started off this discussion is clear evidence of that.

The real issue isn't that efforts to accommodate transgender people will lay the cover for bad people to do bad things; the real cover provided by these laws is in stoking an irrational fear for people to hide behind, as they protest the accommodation of people and lifestyles they find morally objectionable.

I dunno it should be perfectly fine to send an 8-10 year old boy into the men's bathroom alone while waiting outside the door and the same for an 8-10 year old girl into the women's with the safe assumption that there isn't a man in the women's restroom at the time.

i'm still not comfortable sending the dude in a public restroom...he's 13

should it be safe? in a perfect world, yes

to me, everyone looks like a pervert when your kid is in the bathroom

also, public restrooms are nasty but that's a different thread

And I'll add, I absolutely do agree that there are challenges and worthy considerations for how best to proceed on this issue. Particularly, I think it would be naive to dismiss concerns as they relate to schools and students, and how best to accommodate transgender young people in bathrooms and locker rooms.

But this argument that efforts at accommodation will just enable perverts isn't compelling.

i'm still not comfortable sending the dude in a public restroom...he's 13

should it be safe? in a perfect world, yes

to me, everyone looks like a pervert when your kid is in the bathroom

also, public restrooms are nasty but that's a different thread

Oh I agree and I'm not naive enough to think nothing could happen. Thankful that I don't have daughters but I have nieces and I've had to stand outside while they went into the women's restroom and I never wondered if a guy was in there because any man would throw up a red flag, just worry that that's not the case anymore. :shrug:

My issue isn't with transgendered people btw, it's the door that's open when people are leery to report a guy waltzing into the women's for fear of them getting blasted for being insensitive.

Based on the recent "recommendations" by the White House, it is now ok for a male go into and use the girls locker room at school. I really don't give a crap about the argument that there is a low probability of anything bad happening. We as a society should be doing everything to make sure that nothing ever bad happens in the first place. Once something bad is allowed to happen, there is no taking it back. Ever.

Oh I agree and I'm not naive enough to think nothing could happen. Thankful that I don't have daughters but I have nieces and I've had to stand outside while they went into the women's restroom and I never wondered if a guy was in there because any man would throw up a red flag, just worry that that's not the case anymore. :shrug:

My issue isn't with transgendered people btw, it's the door that's open when people are leery to report a guy waltzing into the women's for fear of them getting blasted for being insensitive.

I look at it like this: with most trans-gendered people, you're never going to know who they are because they don't want to bring unwanted attention to themselves. But, if I see an obvious guy with a blond wig on trying to go into the women's restroom, I'm going to go into father mode and damn the consequences and ask for forgiveness later. People who do that, though, were going to attempt it anyway.

My wife and I were discussing this the other day and she is utterly incensed that they would allow this. Then I said, "I guarantee you that at some point in your life, you had shared the rr with a trans-gendered person and never knew it." That pretty much ended the conversation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom