Could Cam Jordan drop weight and play OLB? (1 Viewer)

Yeah the main objection to this would be him playing in space.

I detect the sarcasm with the devery comment but that wouldnt b logical.

This option and a suggestion at it is very plausible...considering his athleticism.

Haha yeah I couldn't help myself.

I just don't see the point in it is all. He's an ideal 3-4 DE and if Hicks continues his development and plays DE we're looking at a very young beastly tandem of ends for our new defense.

I am stunned you would suggest such a thing Elias. Cam Jordan, from the moment he was drafted, was thought to be the prototype you look for as a 5 technique defensive end. He's about to finally play his natural position in my opinion.

Not a suggestion but a discussion....thought i made tht clear

I just found out Brooks was a former MLB with the Bengals

Yeah, but from what I recall he wasn't very good at it which was why he was waived.

He also played MLB at Virginia where he made that one superman tackle that got him national attention. His speed got him drafted in the 3rd round but he settled in and played best at 3-4 OLB.

Yeah, but from what I recall he wasn't very good at it which was why he was waived.

He also played MLB at Virginia where he made that one superman tackle that got him national attention. His speed got him drafted in the 3rd round but he settled in and played best at 3-4 OLB.

I read the article and it leaned more toward him having injury issues. He had a decent rookie season and then i think another solid season and then got injured or something of that aspect. Said he still feels like he could play the game@ MLB like urlacher.

I seriously doubt it was his fault they were that bad. He was one of the few that did their job. Could you imagine what would happened if he did not get those sacks? I will tell you the saints would be in the Guinness record book for a long long time.

You misinterpreted my point. The change of defensive scheme has nothing to do with Cam Jordan. It has everything to do with the fact that our defense collectively sucked on a historical level.

It's not as simple as looking at their combine drill times and comparing players. Aldon Smith can stand up or put his hand in the dirt. Cam isn't a stand up guy (unless we have a sub-package where all the lineman stand up), he needs his hand in the dirt. Also, he isn't a space guy either. He is not going to scare any lineman with his ability to turn the corner so every OT will play the bull rush and anchor, knowing that if Cam tries to turn the corner, they'll be able to recover. Quite frankly, he'd be terrible as an OLB unless it was some run stopping formation we were trying to execute.

Also, Aldon Smith is a bit of a different type of guy. In college he played more DT than DE, and had to be projected at the position that he's playing in. He's longer and has more explosion than Cam (though it's not elite). Cam probably has about 20 pounds on Aldon and I think someone mentioned it, but I don't know if Cam's frame will let him lose 20 pounds while still being effective.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom