COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (7 Viewers)

I'd rather wear a more "safer", secure N-95 mask that more then likely reduces the odds to contracting Covid by 75-80% then just 50-60% at the height of the pandemic like you suggest or infer you would.

If its my choice to make, Dave, I'm going to choose to wear a mask that gives me a higher percentage of safety four years ago then risking it 50/50 like a coin-flip risking getting Covid-19 before the vaccines came out in early 2021.

Let's be real, Dave, I'm not choosing a mask that just reduces the odds of getting it or spreading by 50% when their's one that's available that more effective but a little more costly. I'm willing to pay a little bit more to buy a Covid-19 mask that reduces the odds a lot more then still risk getting it on " coin flip" odds.

50% is still too forking high and too much of a dangerous risk for me in the context of 4 years ago right now.

In the dangerous sort of games daily life can be sometimes and faced with this planet's first major superflu pandemic since 1918-21, IMO, under those circumstances, there's a discernable difference between taking sensible measures or perhaps taking a more ultra-cautious approach that significantly lowers the chances of catching Covid.
Won't get any argument from me there. It is indeed your choice to make. And using better protection is certainly a good choice.

During the Pandemic, N95 masks weren't readily availabe, especially during the height of it.
But if one person was wearing a regular mask, if the odds were 50% in your favor and the seond person was wearing a regular mask, i would assume the percentage is much higher than if only one was wearing a mask.

During the Pandemic, N95 masks weren't readily availabe, especially during the height of it.
But if one person was wearing a regular mask, if the odds were 50% in your favor and the seond person was wearing a regular mask, i would assume the percentage is much higher than if only one was wearing a mask.
Indeed on both counts.

State legislators and law enforcement are reinstating dormant laws that criminalize mask-wearing to penalize pro-Palestinian protesters who conceal their faces, raising concerns among covid-cautious Americans.

Republican lawmakers in North Carolina are poised to overturn Gov. Roy Cooper’s (D) recent veto of legislation to criminalize masking.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) said earlier this month she supports legislative efforts to ban masks on the subway, citing an incident where masked protesters on a train shouted, “Raise your hands if you’re a Zionist. This is your chance to get out.”

Student protesters in Ohio, Texas and Florida have been threatened with arrest for covering their faces.
Decades-old laws against masking — often crafted in response to the hooded terror of the Ku Klux Klan — are on the books in at least 18 states and D.C., according to the International Center for Not-For-Profit Law.

Lawmakers in some areas passed legislation to create health exemptions during the coronavirus pandemic while other authorities vowed not to enforce the statutes.

Immunocompromised Americans and civil libertarians who have long criticized mask bans as a cudgel against protesters of police shootings, economic inequality and environmental injustice say the bans are being revived because covid is no longer treated as a public health emergency.

Coronavirus levels in wastewater are reaching high levels across much of the Sun Belt and Florida, early indications of a summer covid wave, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Lawmakers eager to reinstate pre-pandemic mask restrictions say legislation would not target medically vulnerable people and others trying to avoid respiratory viruses. But critics say such an approach would be impractical and sets mask wearers up for further ostracization and harassment by police and fellow citizens.

The day after the North Carolina House passed its anti-masking bill in June in response to pro-Palestinian protests at the University of North Carolina, Shari Stuart said a man confronted her for wearing a surgical mask when she walked into an auto service center in the Raleigh area to get an oil change.

After she tried to explain that she has Stage 4 breast cancer and a weakened immune system, Stuart said the man called her a “f---ing liberal” and insisted masks were now illegal. He later coughed on her and said he hoped the cancer would kill her…….

State legislators and law enforcement are reinstating dormant laws that criminalize mask-wearing to penalize pro-Palestinian protesters who conceal their faces, raising concerns among covid-cautious Americans.

Republican lawmakers in North Carolina are poised to overturn Gov. Roy Cooper’s (D) recent veto of legislation to criminalize masking.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul (D) said earlier this month she supports legislative efforts to ban masks on the subway, citing an incident where masked protesters on a train shouted, “Raise your hands if you’re a Zionist. This is your chance to get out.”

Student protesters in Ohio, Texas and Florida have been threatened with arrest for covering their faces.
Decades-old laws against masking — often crafted in response to the hooded terror of the Ku Klux Klan — are on the books in at least 18 states and D.C., according to the International Center for Not-For-Profit Law.

Lawmakers in some areas passed legislation to create health exemptions during the coronavirus pandemic while other authorities vowed not to enforce the statutes.

Immunocompromised Americans and civil libertarians who have long criticized mask bans as a cudgel against protesters of police shootings, economic inequality and environmental injustice say the bans are being revived because covid is no longer treated as a public health emergency.

Coronavirus levels in wastewater are reaching high levels across much of the Sun Belt and Florida, early indications of a summer covid wave, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Lawmakers eager to reinstate pre-pandemic mask restrictions say legislation would not target medically vulnerable people and others trying to avoid respiratory viruses. But critics say such an approach would be impractical and sets mask wearers up for further ostracization and harassment by police and fellow citizens.

The day after the North Carolina House passed its anti-masking bill in June in response to pro-Palestinian protests at the University of North Carolina, Shari Stuart said a man confronted her for wearing a surgical mask when she walked into an auto service center in the Raleigh area to get an oil change.

After she tried to explain that she has Stage 4 breast cancer and a weakened immune system, Stuart said the man called her a “f---ing liberal” and insisted masks were now illegal. He later coughed on her and said he hoped the cancer would kill her…….

People are ultimately stupid. Smfh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom