COVID-19 Outbreak Information Updates (Reboot) [over 150.000,000 US cases (est.), 6,422,520 US hospitilizations, 1,148,691 US deaths.] (11 Viewers)

She could have been influenced to convict by that act of bribery. By removing her they clear that possibility up, and they have an alternate juror anyway.

That bribery attempt seemed carless in sort of the way that begs the possibility that it might have been set up with the intention of it being found out.

If the whole jury had heard about it, it would have spoiled the whole lot of them, and they would have been forced to call a mistrial. So there's a possible motive for making a fake bribery attempt.

The usual scenario would be that the juror would talk about it in front of the jury, and that would derail the whole trial.

The way I interpreted it the woman's father reported it this time, and I don't know if the woman even knew about it until the court knew about it. They would still likely remove her even if she never heard about it because of the possibility that she had had earlier contact with the person attempting to bribe her, there may have been a possibility of a deal having been set up ahead of time.

Since they have an alternate juror it doesn't cost anything to rule out that outside possibility.
What happens to the money? Does The woman that brought the money come back to claim it and run the risk arrested a charge for bribery? Or does it stay at the police station for X amount of time and if no one claims it does the money go back to the father-in-law? Or is it considered evidence and if so, for how long and who gets it in the end?

What happens to the money? Does The woman that brought the money come back to claim it and run the risk arrested a charge for bribery? Or does it stay at the police station for X amount of time and if no one claims it does the money go back to the father-in-law? Or is it considered evidence and if so, for how long and who gets it in the end?
I don't know if the money is real or counterfeit.

I do know that the trial is over 35 million in theft from the government. The bribe was only 120,000. The bribe is only 1/3 of 1 percent of the theft. The crooks might not consider that amount of money worth the risk of trying to get it back.

What was heretical/racist/unspeakable in 2020 is now mainstream in the NYTimes.

Our collective mania that took hold during COVID is starting to recede - hopefully we can get closer and closer to real answers (though the exact details will likely forever remain unknown/buried by CCP)

What was heretical/racist/unspeakable in 2020 is now mainstream in the NYTimes.

Our collective mania that took hold during COVID is starting to recede - hopefully we can get closer and closer to real answers (though the exact details will likely forever remain unknown/buried by CCP)

When it comes to editorials the New York Times will publish a large array of guest opinions. They do it all the time, sometimes those editorials they publish will even support the CON-MAGA-anti vax types point of view.

I'm of the camp who accepts the science and takes the vaccine, and because I'm old and hate to get sick with even a common cold, I still wear my mask in stores and especially at the clinic.

It's still working, four years now, no sickness for me. I'm here to tell you I will be wearing the mask for the rest of my life, and it will be a longer life for it, that is clear.

Insofar as working they are not perfect, nothing is perfect. They are the best thing I've got I can use, and for me that works, and the vaccines work as well.

Unfortunately, we still have these folks among us

1000000846.png

Oh deer, for those poor doe's who will entangle themselves out of curiosity, and then be frozen in the artificial glow of his headlamps.

When it comes to editorials the New York Times will publish a large array of guest opinions. They do it all the time, sometimes those editorials they publish will even support the CON-MAGA-anti vax types point of view.

I'm of the camp who accepts the science and takes the vaccine, and because I'm old and hate to get sick with even a common cold, I still wear my mask in stores and especially at the clinic.

It's still working, four years now, no sickness for me. I'm here to tell you I will be wearing the mask for the rest of my life, and it will be a longer life for it, that is clear.

Insofar as working they are not perfect, nothing is perfect. They are the best thing I've got I can use, and for me that works, and the vaccines work as well.
What's "the science"? Or rather, I suppose, WHO'S the science?

Last edited:
ROCK HILL, S.C. — Kashyap Patel looked forward to his team’s Friday lunches. All the doctors from his oncology practice would gather in the open-air courtyard under the shadow of a tall magnolia tree and catch up. The atmosphere tended to the lighthearted and optimistic. But that week, he was distressed.

It was 2021, a year into the coronaviruspandemic, and as he slid into a chair, Patel shared that he’d just seen a patient in his 40s with cholangiocarcinoma, a rare and lethal cancer of the bile ducts that typically strikes people in their 70s and 80s.

Initially, there was silence, and then one colleague after another said they’d recently treated patients who had similar diagnoses. Within a year of that meeting, the office had recorded seven such cases.

“I’ve been in practice 23 years and have never seen anything like this,” Patel, CEO of Carolina Blood and Cancer Care Associates, later recalled. Asutosh Gor, another oncologist, agreed: “We were all shaken.”

There was other weirdness, too: multiple patients contending with multiple types of cancer arising almost simultaneously, and more than a dozen new cases of other rare cancers.

Increasingly, Patel was left with an unsettling thought: Could the coronavirus be inflaming the embers of cancer?
The uptick in aggressive, late-stage cancers since the dawn of the pandemic is confirmed by some early national data and a number of large cancer institutions. Many experts have mostly dismissed the trend as an expected consequence of disruptions to health care that began in 2020.

But not everyone.

The idea that some viruses can cause or accelerate cancer is hardly new. Scientists have recognized this possibility since the 1960s, and today, researchers estimate 15 to 20 percent of all cancers worldwide originate from infectious agents such as HPV, Epstein-Barr and hepatitis B.

It will probably be many years before the world has conclusive answers about whether the coronavirus is complicit in the surge of cancer cases, but Patel and other concerned scientists are calling on the U.S. government to make this question a priority knowing it could affect treatment and management of millions of cancer patients for decades to come.

“We are completely under-investigating this virus,” said Douglas C. Wallace, a University of Pennsylvania geneticist and evolutionary biologist. “The effects of repeatedly getting this throughout our lives is going to be much more significant than people are thinking.”……

And there's the whole question.

The "science" first said wearing cloth masks was ineffective and useless. Then, the "science" changed its (their) mind and said masks were 100% necessary; then later, after some clinical trials, the "science" said they were right the first time, cloth masks didn't stop anything, only n95 masks were effective.

Astrazeneca withdrew their vaccine, with the public statement that it had become "outdated," but anyone with eyes knows it was because of the excessive number of lawsuits worldwide against them for side effects from the vaccine.

I took the Pfizer version at the time, but the truth is we all acted as guinea pigs for the various vaccines because they had not been properly tested, which is not how scientific research is supposed to go. I don't seem to have suffered any side-effects from it, but I know a few people who have, though none of them are life-threatening.

Now, I don't "blame Biden" or "blame the Democrats" because the truth is before the election, the Republican party was pushing for everyone to take the vaccines once ready while the Democrats were saying "don't trust them," but once the election happened, the two parties changed their sides of the argument. Had the Republicans won, the vaccines would have been pushed just as hard by them instead, IMHO, and the Democrats would have remained the party of the vaccine skeptics. All part of the game they both play... (sorry for the brief political rant)

It's the 50% of the "science" I find on the Internet which I decide is the "proper science" when I google for details of the science. I throw out more than 50% of that "so call science on the Internet."

But the other half is real science. One just needs to know which is which. It's usually not hard for me to tell the difference. I can tell by the way of the words when I read what is being called a study or a paper.

Many of the so called studies are fake. But They won't fool someone who knows what to expect from a true study.

I'm the one who decides what the science is for me. With a degree in Physics and a wife and daughter with degrees as well in the family we decide as a family, and I think we are qualified to make those decisions for us.

My wife is a historian, and my daughter and I actually are scientists. Sort of scientists anyway.

Which is why I asked. Because you have to know where you're starting. And even if that IS a starting place to begin with.

You go to the doctor. Doc says, "You have X." Actually they never say, You have X. They say, You MAY have X. And they use many, many more words than that that you have to decipher. Then you say, Well, I want a second opinion. Wait, why do you need a second "opinion" if it's "the science". Or stated another way, if it's black and white.

You're an attorney. You have a case that needs experts. You get one. The one side gets one. Well, you're on 2 different sides so you need to get an expert that says something different. So now the jury needs to decide which expert to believe.

Uh-oh. "The science" is now .... oh what's the word? Opinion.

The "science" first said wearing cloth masks was ineffective and useless. Then, the "science" changed its (their) mind and said masks were 100% necessary; then later, after some clinical trials, the "science" said they were right the first time, cloth masks didn't stop anything, only n95 masks were effective.
Fwiw, masks do work, even the sub n95s, just not 100% effective. Only somewhat effective. Somewhat effective, whatever that % is is better than 0% effective. If it slows transmission down, it's accomplished what it's supposed to. And incidence communicable diseases dropped dramatically, and no doubt some of that was due to people working from home, but also from mask usage.

Mask usage has been around a while (long before Covid was a thing) and some people use them regularly for myriad reasons, i.e. immuno-compromised or some health condition. Masks do work, even if not 100% effective. I rarely wear masks, and I don't think they should be mandated unless very narrow circumstances, i.e. an immediate or serious emergency situation.
Astrazeneca withdrew their vaccine, with the public statement that it had become "outdated," but anyone with eyes knows it was because of the excessive number of lawsuits worldwide against them for side effects from the vaccine.

I took the Pfizer version at the time, but the truth is we all acted as guinea pigs for the various vaccines because they had not been properly tested, which is not how scientific research is supposed to go. I don't seem to have suffered any side-effects from it, but I know a few people who have, though none of them are life-threatening.
We weren't exactly guinea pigs. The type of vaccine used had already been around for over a decade. What was different was the vaccines developed were specifically to target the strains already known. It was still a novel virus and with all of the unknown factors, its not surprising that recommendations shifted as more was learned about the virus. For a while there was a lot of debate about the transmissibility and viral loads needed to cause significant infection and debate on who was most vulnerable to the virus because even seemingly healthy people were dying from it during the worst months.

And keep in minds that tens of thousands of people went through through clinical trials in 2020 before the vaccines were approved by the FDA. Anyone saying there weren't trials is using conspiracy theory sources to support their claims.

Now, I don't "blame Biden" or "blame the Democrats" because the truth is before the election, the Republican party was pushing for everyone to take the vaccines once ready while the Democrats were saying "don't trust them," but once the election happened, the two parties changed their sides of the argument. Had the Republicans won, the vaccines would have been pushed just as hard by them instead, IMHO, and the Democrats would have remained the party of the vaccine skeptics. All part of the game they both play... (sorry for the brief political rant)
No comment on the politics as that is for the MAP site.

Last edited:
It's the 50% of the "science" I find on the Internet which I decide is the "proper science" when I google for details of the science. I throw out more than 50% of that "so call science on the Internet."

But the other half is real science. One just needs to know which is which. It's usually not hard for me to tell the difference. I can tell by the way of the words when I read what is being called a study or a paper.

Many of the so called studies are fake. But They won't fool someone who knows what to expect from a true study.

I'm the one who decides what the science is for me. With a degree in Physics and a wife and daughter with degrees as well in the family we decide as a family, and I think we are qualified to make those decisions for us.

My wife is a historian, and my daughter and I actually are scientists. Sort of scientists anyway.
Thank you for your answer. After the last 4 years, I've learned to not trust that phrase, "the science". Because the average person believed that meant something, that it was black and white. Dangerously that phrase was used to mean other phrases. Like "the truth". Or "trust us".

I took the Pfizer version at the time, but the truth is we all acted as guinea pigs for the various vaccines because they had not been properly tested, which is not how scientific research is supposed to go. I don't seem to have suffered any side-effects from it
Same.

Yep, we all went full steam ahead because we all thought we were gonna die. Because of "the science".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom