Covid Sports (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Catchall for whatever you’re watching

I usually get a few innings of KoreanBaseball before the boys get up

Sometimes I’m up early enough to watch New Zealand rugby or even Aussie Rules (this is the one I would really like more timely access to)

I have VERY much enjoyed midday weekday EPL and Serie A matches)
I would love if MLS spread it’s schedule around but I realize they’re navigating Florida heat
— I do appreciate that MLS on ESPN is the only sport/broadcast to use only ambient sound (even mls on fox does fake crowd noise even though there aren’t any stands much less crowds)

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Who broadcasts F1 these days? I used to watch F1 all the time when I was younger, but haven't come across it on TV for years. I always found F1 much more interesting than NASCAR or Indy/CART.
ESPN carries the Sky Sports coverage. Here’s a link to the broadcast schedule:

UndeadSnoopy

Resting in Peace
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Based of the title of this thread I thought it was going to be similar to South Park's crack baby basketball.
I new Covid sport is sneaking into a store without a mask.

Whoever can avoid getting kicked out the longest wins.

Edit: I didn't want to brag.

I currently hold the Los Angeles record.

24.33 seconds.

Last edited:

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve watched five MLB games in the last couple days. Braves and Mets on now.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I watched the last 3 innings of the Nats-Yankees game. Nats had their chances and wasted a potential man on 1st and 3rd with 1 out, but the PH overran third and was tagged out. And they stranded several runners throughout the game in a 3-2 loss. Nats are still super talented and should do well. Things happen though. 60 game season. Should be interesting.

KiwiSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Every Monday morning, a TV channel here plays an NFL network, top 100 show followed by a game.
Guess what was on last week...:-(

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
Your Pels seemed to have a fairly dominant sans-Zion warmup last night

MLB tonight
Who’s in?
I have followed the pels and attended games when possible, but this is a new era for them.

It isnt just about Zion....they have a good, young team with the management in place to make them contenders. I dont know that I am sold on Gentry, but overall I love how these players have embraced the city and their teammates. The players we got from LA feel good about being in a city that appreciates them and Zion is just amazing in his humble attitude and how he is grateful for everything he has

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Serie A shows another benefit of using ambient vs piped in sound - you get to hear Italians yelling at each other and refs
Yelling in Romance languages is it’s own beautiful music

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
They're ignoring it because that guy who tweeted it is obviously ANTIFA. He's posting from Portland, isn't he?

The video of that chick drinking the champion's cup filled to the brim with beer was awesome. She almost got the whole thing down. Only had to go back to finish up the suds.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
K that was the first HUGE disappointment of Covid sports
MLS. rd of 16 matches between Minny & Columbus ended in a shootout (not extra time, just right to shootout after 90)

Normally I have a love/hate with shootouts - hate that that’s the way a great match is decided, but LOVE the drama
But a shootout with no fans meant no drama - it was a tepid, flaccid occurrence
Huge letdown

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Source: Saints LS Zach Wood to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list after negative tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints long snapper Zach Wood retests negative, still in COVID-19 protocol SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints to activate linebacker Kaden Elliss from reserve/COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints announce signing of LB Nigel Bradham, activate LB Kaden Eliss from COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints linebacker Kaden Ellis cleared from COVID-19 list, long snapper Zach Wood to be cleared pending second negative test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LB Kaden Elliss to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 7: Sean Payton happy with Jameis Winston and two players added to reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LB Kaden Eliss, long snapper Zach Wood on COVID-19/reserve list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LS Zach Wood, LB Kaden Elliss on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
COVID-19 deadline has passed with no additional Saints opting out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 71
N/S Raiders lied to players about Gruden having Covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints won't benefit from NFL adding salary cap space due to COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints attempting their own semi-bubble to cope with COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Training Camp: Opt-Outs and COVID-19 Report (Week 1) SR News Page Articles 0
RedJem Jags place Gardner Minshew on Covid list - UPDATE: Deemed good to go [Mod Edit] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
faceman Matthew Stafford tests positive (for COVID-19) - UPDATE: Found to be a false positive [mod edit] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 113
Andrus Saints haven't reported any positive COVID-19 tests yet SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Fifteen new COVID related cases today in NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Dan in Lafayette Nineteen new COVID related cases yesterday NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton says he won't be surprised to see games affected by COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
jrdbrn Beau Rivage and the COVID Everything Else Board 4
If the season is shortened or canceled due to covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints land on Forbes' top 50 list again for most valuable sports teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Saints QB Drew Brees used unusual sports this offseason to help him throw a 60-yard pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tulane alumni talk return of pro sports on webinar Saints RSS News Feeds 0