Covid Sports (1 Viewer)

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Catchall for whatever you’re watching

I usually get a few innings of KoreanBaseball before the boys get up

Sometimes I’m up early enough to watch New Zealand rugby or even Aussie Rules (this is the one I would really like more timely access to)

I have VERY much enjoyed midday weekday EPL and Serie A matches)
I would love if MLS spread it’s schedule around but I realize they’re navigating Florida heat
— I do appreciate that MLS on ESPN is the only sport/broadcast to use only ambient sound (even mls on fox does fake crowd noise even though there aren’t any stands much less crowds)

Oye

carry all the groceries in in one trip
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Miami Marlins postponed even further. And the fallout has impacted the Jays - their series this weekend is not happening this weekend. And they were planning to try a double header to catch up as it is.

What a mess.

And now, positive tests on the Cardinals, so their series vs. Milwaukee is postponed.

There's no way this MLB experience finishes normally. The numbers and re-scheduling necessary just can't be accommodated unless MLB just treats it like a Survivor series for purely entertainment purposes.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Miami Marlins postponed even further. And the fallout has impacted the Jays - their series this weekend is not happening this weekend. And they were planning to try a double header to catch up as it is.

What a mess.

And now, positive tests on the Cardinals, so their series vs. Milwaukee is postponed.

There's no way this MLB experience finishes normally. The numbers and re-scheduling necessary just can't be accommodated unless MLB just treats it like a Survivor series for purely entertainment purposes.
MLS still with 0 cases the last few weeks
in the middle of the round of 8
its going to suck when the season concludes,
hopefully the nba stays on track

Oye

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
MLS still with 0 cases the last few weeks
in the middle of the round of 8
its going to suck when the season concludes,
hopefully the nba stays on track
Yea, I didn't think baseball was going to last with the way they were approaching it. I think NASCAR has largely gotten in right. I know MLS is doing well. NBA I am really hoping stays tight.

But I can't help but think this spells doom for NFL and NCAAF

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I didn't think baseball was going to last with the way they were approaching it. I think NASCAR has largely gotten in right. I know MLS is doing well. NBA I am really hoping stays tight.

But I can't help but think this spells doom for NFL and NCAAF
Intern: so we have twice as many players as MLB
Exec: yup
Intern: and our protocols are about the same?
Exec: your guess is as good as mine
Intern: but you think we’ll have a season
Exec: of course, why wouldn’t we?

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In reality, the NBA is the only league with a legitimate shot at working. The roster sizes allow for everyone to be in one location, no travel necessary. Once in the bubble and cleared, they're good. The problem comes when you introduce the need to travel, which the MLB, NFL, and NCAA will have. In theory, you could break these leagues down into smaller bubbles and have several scattered throughout the country, but it would require a great deal of planning and testing. NCAA probably would be harder to pull off because you'd have to allow these athletes to do classwork, but I suppose they could do that online.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
NHL playoffs began about an hour ago. We'll see how their real-life attempt at "bubble hockey" goes. Social distancing, especially on the benches, is pretty much not an option.

NY Rangers goalie, Igor Sherstekin, is out and deemed "Unfit to Play". The league will not let teams report any specifics for scratched players (whether injury related or virus testing related), so we'll see how long he is held out. He did start the other night in one of the tune-up games.

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In reality, the NBA is the only league with a legitimate shot at working. The roster sizes allow for everyone to be in one location, no travel necessary. Once in the bubble and cleared, they're good. The problem comes when you introduce the need to travel, which the MLB, NFL, and NCAA will have. In theory, you could break these leagues down into smaller bubbles and have several scattered throughout the country, but it would require a great deal of planning and testing. NCAA probably would be harder to pull off because you'd have to allow these athletes to do classwork, but I suppose they could do that online.
MLS out here like “DUDE?!?”

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So with the ambient mls feed, I got to hear the San Jose coach (Argentinian) give instruction to his team in Spanish with his translator word for word (and gesture for gesture) right behind him

Oye

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Astros Shame Tour on Twitter is amusing

OP
guidomerkinsrules

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Epl finished, mls winding down
But Fox is running Liga bbva

Odd thing is even though there are no fans, somehow a sniper is still able to take out a player every few minutes
Why the sniper only fires at players’ shins, and how the injuries seem to heal once the victim’s team gets the ball back is one of those mysteries I hope to untangle as the season progresses

Last edited:

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Astros Shame Tour on Twitter is amusing

as a former astros fan, pre this bs, once they went to the evil al, i switched to the pirates.

oh yeah, point being, fork them. if still in the nl, i'd try to, no lie as a fan, tried find a justification to support.

astros bitched out and went out to the lame arse al. a league that has stupid rules, cheater clubs, and apparently they fit perfectly. i'd almost, almost, support the cards over any al team. mentally, will never happen.

astros already sold out. i'm glad they were caught. joe kelly is a hero.

ugh. i love baseball, with the bs aside, when your team leaves your division, then cheated to win a ws.. fork them. fork the al.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Source: Saints LS Zach Wood to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list after negative tests Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints long snapper Zach Wood retests negative, still in COVID-19 protocol SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints to activate linebacker Kaden Elliss from reserve/COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints announce signing of LB Nigel Bradham, activate LB Kaden Eliss from COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints linebacker Kaden Ellis cleared from COVID-19 list, long snapper Zach Wood to be cleared pending second negative test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LB Kaden Elliss to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, August 7: Sean Payton happy with Jameis Winston and two players added to reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LB Kaden Eliss, long snapper Zach Wood on COVID-19/reserve list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LS Zach Wood, LB Kaden Elliss on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
COVID-19 deadline has passed with no additional Saints opting out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 71
N/S Raiders lied to players about Gruden having Covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints won't benefit from NFL adding salary cap space due to COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints attempting their own semi-bubble to cope with COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Training Camp: Opt-Outs and COVID-19 Report (Week 1) SR News Page Articles 0
RedJem Jags place Gardner Minshew on Covid list - UPDATE: Deemed good to go [Mod Edit] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
faceman Matthew Stafford tests positive (for COVID-19) - UPDATE: Found to be a false positive [mod edit] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 113
Andrus Saints haven't reported any positive COVID-19 tests yet SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Fifteen new COVID related cases today in NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Dan in Lafayette Nineteen new COVID related cases yesterday NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton says he won't be surprised to see games affected by COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
jrdbrn Beau Rivage and the COVID Everything Else Board 4
If the season is shortened or canceled due to covid Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Saints land on Forbes' top 50 list again for most valuable sports teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
How Saints QB Drew Brees used unusual sports this offseason to help him throw a 60-yard pass Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Tulane alumni talk return of pro sports on webinar Saints RSS News Feeds 0