Current Saints 53 man roster after cuts (4 Viewers)

Someone that has been watching him, please tell me what D’marco Jackson has done? Haven’t heard his name whatsoever. Is he supposed to be the backup for Davis?

This team better pray they don't have many injuries. The depth is atrocious.
The reality is that it goes further than just depth. The OL is a great example of not having 5 starter level players to fill out the lineup. Another byproduct of "making it happen", but I'm always reminded that kicking the can doesn't have a cost.

Last edited:
The reality is that it goes further than just depth. The OL is a great example of not having 5 starter level players to fill out the lineup. Another byproduct of "making it happen", but I'm always reminded that kicking the can doesn't have a cost.

Having young guys at both tackle spots is not the same as not having starting level players. We'll see where we're at, at the end of the season but I think they'll be much better than the Saints have had in several years.

Straight up. This was my list minus Foskey. So blame it on me if we don’t succeed. Tipton is the IT factor on this team. Mark my word. KK has his fingerprint on this young man. 11-5

Count me very surprised that Tipton made the team. I thought given his injury that we would land with either 5 WRs or St. Brown/Nacua as our 6th WR.

I think it really speaks to how dominant his practices were. I am definitely rooting for his development, given how thin our depth at WR looks. I don’t care if it’s Tipton, Perry, or Means but I want one of those guys to step up and say they’re the future of WR for the Saints.

Unfortunately, I do think he’s a candidate to be cut in the next couple days to bring in another O-line piece.

Man, I did a WHOLE thread on Hergel today only to find out he’d been cut!!!

🫣🫣🫣

But I’m confident he’s gonna come back on the practice squad!
BTW, I DO feel a lil vindicated now cause many in da media were also surprised by him being cut!!!

I'm extremely surprised we cut Jonathan Abram.
I'm pretty sure as a veteran player if he's on the roster week one, his salary for the entire season is guaranteed. That may be why. Could still return.

Overall I like it. We seem a little light on CBs and maybe a little heavy on DTs. But I think they nailed most of this.

BTW, I DO feel a lil vindicated now cause many in da media were also surprised by him being cut!!!

It may be because they already have a number of young guys on the O-line already and keeping him on the roster would have made them even younger. But I think it's likely he's on the 53 by the end of the season if nobody picks him up.

Having young guys at both tackle spots is not the same as not having starting level players. We'll see where we're at, at the end of the season but I think they'll be much better than the Saints have had in several years.
Tali, McCoy and Ruiz are the only starter level players we have. The rest is a crap shoot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom