Dave Grohl drags Taylor Swift on stage in London (1 Viewer)

He’s not wrong. People go to the concert to hear them sing not to hear a recording so they can dance.
But why?
Why pay all that money to just replicate the aural experience you got as a free download on your phone?
I assume these people want a show not a song

Attachments

• IMG_8815.jpeg
    IMG_8815.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
He’s not wrong. People go to the concert to hear them sing not to hear a recording so they can dance.
I guess ... but people go to Taylor Swift for different reasons

I mean she does sing and dance, so there's that.

Probalby her "job" is just as hard as Grohl's. I mean he himself isn't exactly Eddie Van Halen, and his vocals are only so so. And he doesn't dance as far as I know.

But why?
Why pay all that money to just replicate the aural experience you got as a free download on your phone?
I assume these people want a show not a song
I guess for the same reason people go to live sporting events and not just watch on TV.

I'm not really a fan and never been to a TS concert, but people who do go and like her music generally say the experience was worth it.

Does Taylor Swift lip sync? or does she use recorded backing tracks?
i don't pretend to know music all that well, or pretned to be a Taylor Swift fan. I guess i just don't understand the hate. there have been many less talented people who have been as popular over the years...

i don't pretend to know music all that well, or pretned to be a Taylor Swift fan. I guess i just don't understand the hate. there have been many less talented people who have been as popular over the years...
I've actually watched 2 of her concerts on TV and I gotta say, the production alone is miles better than anything I've ever seen. It's incredibly complex and the set elements are substantial and just pulling it all together, the band, music, scenery, performance and of course TS being the center of it all is pretty awesome. And I don't even listen to TS. I've never been a fan of her music, but I totally see why she's a superstar.

Fair but who says she’s doesn’t? I haven’t seen her show but she’s certainly capable.

It’s something I often pay attention to - some artists will perform some of the parts live and even that is annoying. Full fake is just abhorrent.

But nobody should assume a performer is lip syncing without evidence. Or if he’s referring to the fact that some element of music itself is a produced track or effect that isn’t reproduced in the live show? I think that’s pretty common in pop music but even Paul McCartney does that.

You know who lip syncs during some of his shows? Garth Brooks. It was pretty obvious to me (my wife is a fan, I’ve been to shows) - but the audience seemed to not notice or not care.

This article would seem to imply that she does not.

She sings at her concerts. You can hear her out of breath and she routinely makes little edits or nods to the audience where she is.

Her audience enjoys the show she puts on as well, they aren't just there for the singing.

Old talented people being jealous of younger, richer, not as talented people is silly. The money she makes is because she's giving a segment of society exactly what they want. If she wasn't they wouldn't be willing to push their grandma down the stairs for a ticket to her show.

I love me some capitalism and I never whine about people finding a way to provide a service others will pay for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom