Derek Carr the target of parade float “joke” (2 Viewers)

Let the people speak! I'm sure Luck and the Deer are trying find away to block freedom of speech next year
Don’t care. Jokes are jokes.

But my OCD wants to point out we ended up one of the better red zone teams in the league so fans are stupid.
Out the playoffs with a bunch of fluff stats when the game was over against good teams or wins against losing teams. I recall correctly it takes a lot of time to build floats, so this was done during the worst part of our season. I don't want to get into how good was our team discussion but it was a joke; no harm done.

Let the people speak! I'm sure Luck and the Deer are trying find away to block freedom of speech next year

Out the playoffs with a bunch of fluff stats when the game was over against good teams or wins against losing teams. I recall correctly it takes a lot of time to build floats, so this was done during the worst part of our season. I don't want to get into how good was our team discussion but it was a joke; no harm done.
They weren't out of the playoffs until after the last game was played. :shrug:

After going nearly perfect in the red zone in the back third of the season, posting the highest passer rating IN THE NFL over that time period, giving us a chance to get into the playoffs despite the defense crapping the bed against the Rams…dominating Tampa, dominating Atlanta…posting several top ten QB stats on the season…welcome to New Orleans Derek and the Carr family, this is what your new city thinks of you.

Yeah, not a fan but you do you New Orleans. This float looks stupid as hell considering how he turned it around

Didn’t we soundly beat Tampa who went on to win a playoff game and boat race the Falcons who were still in contention for the division until the last week of the season?

Didn’t we soundly beat Tampa who went on to win a playoff game and boat race the Falcons who were still in contention for the division until the last week of the season?
But, but, we were a bad team and out of the playoffs...or something.

Yeah, I don't understand some people's need to make the team out to be worse than it actually was.

I don’t really understand why people still seem to be upset over this.

This isn’t the first time there has been a float like this and there has yet to be a major incident. Also, Derek Carr seemed to take it as the Carnival season humor that it was and gave a great response.

To be fair, even if the Falcons were in contention for the division, they were a 7-10 team.

They were a bad team (who also beat us this season) and I don’t think “boat racing” them is a huge deal (although it’s always nice to beat Atlanta).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom