Discontinued/Unavailable Foods that you miss (1 Viewer)

the short time i was in zachary..i remember a small store up near greenwell springs up the road 10 miles..mom and pop place. she had deep fried fried potato sticks in baggies..they were a .25 if i remember. can't get those potato sticks anymore.i remember seeing those in canisters a few yrs ago..not the same but close. i think it was french's brand?

The onion ring bricks were good.

:plus-un2:

While their barbeque was okay (not great, but not bad, either), I definitely miss the onion loaf. PAapa's bought their stores in Texas and when I heard Luther's would be no more, I was hopeful Papa's would get their recipe in the deal, but no luck. The onion loaf is long gone. It was awesomely good.

The old Danny and Clydes. Yeah I know there are 1 or 2 still out there, but they dont taste the same to me. There used to be one by my job, on Kable drive on the Westbank. Man they made some good shrimp poboys and my favorite, the french fry on bun, with cheddar cheese and roast beef gravy.

The old Danny and Clydes. Yeah I know there are 1 or 2 still out there, but they dont taste the same to me. There used to be one by my job, on Kable drive on the Westbank. Man they made some good shrimp poboys and my favorite, the french fry on bun, with cheddar cheese and roast beef gravy.

there was a time or two when i was inebriated that i'd stop by the one at clearview and west esplanade.

Pancho's buffet (On Veterans from back in the 80's and early 90's) but specifically their sopapillas with butter and honey.

Raise the Flag!

Popeyes original hand battered Onion rings.

Emphasis on "original".

They still make onion rings in most locations here in Mississippi, but they changed the batter a couple of years ago. It isn't as good as it used to be.

Still good, though.

Do they still make Big Shot Pineapple (soda)?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom