Easy Poll: Do you Like your Job! (1 Viewer)

Do you like your Job?

• Love it!

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Mostly Okay!

Votes: 48 39.3%
  • I need a job but it doesn't have to be this job!

Votes: 13 10.7%

• Total voters
So. You hire on with the contractor and make more money doing less work. At least that's how I've seen it work in the past.

I can go one better than that.

Don't hire on with the contractor.

Hire on with the provider of the custom billing/ledger/payroll/customer information software you've been using for five years.

No, I wouldn't have to move to India. Worse...TEXAS.

I can go one better than that.

Don't hire on with the contractor.

Hire on with the provider of the custom billing/ledger/payroll/customer information software you've been using for five years.

No, I wouldn't have to move to India. Worse...TEXAS.
Texas? I'm so very sorry bro.

We may be hiring in Alabama. I know it's not Louisiana and if you were to end up in the northern half good food is hard to come by. But hey...at least it's not Texas.

I'm not happy with my job (communications tech in Navy) but I retire with pension and benefits in 300 days. I am looking to do something entirely different and have a few irons in the fire at this point.

I keep the books for a few upstart small businesses that are making money.

Every day is an adventure. :shrug:

:_rofl::_rofl::_rofl::_rofl::_rofl:

Oh man. Lubbock. I lived in Amarillo for about 5 years, which is about the same as Lubbock. It is dry...very dry...think desert. During the summer it gets really hot. During the winter it gets really cold. The wind always blows. Always....at least 20 mph. I remember looking at the weather to see if the weekend would be good for golf....not concerned about rain (because it doesn't rain there), but whether the wind was going to be less than 25 mph.

The people are generally nice, although a bit off. I am convinced that the wind drives them all mad. The restaurants are generally not very good. Somehow they manage to suck the flavor right out of food. You can get really good steaks up there because the feedlots are right next door. Literally. You will be able to smell. You can't help but smell them. The seafood is always bad.

Traffic is good.

Politics are generally conservative. Lubbock use to be dry, but I don't know if that is still the case.

Hope this helps.

Did you ever try to eat the "free if you can finish it" 72-oz steak?

Texas%20steak.jpg

Big Texan Steak Ranch, Amarillo, TX
The FREE 72oz. STEAK dinner is still flourishing at the Big Texan. More than 40,000 people have attempted to consume the Free 72oz. Steak dinner since 1960. About 7,000 have succeeded. People from all over the world continue to visit us to take the challenge and claim the bragging rights.

READ MORE
http://www.bigtexan.com/

my sis-in-law is from lubbock - no trees, thick layer of dust/dirt on everything all the time, and snakes are the top three things that come to mind

The FREE 72oz. STEAK dinner is still flourishing at the Big Texan. More than 40,000 people have attempted to consume the Free 72oz. Steak dinner since 1960. About 7,000 have succeeded. People from all over the world continue to visit us to take the challenge and claim the bragging rights.

READ MORE

Never tried that. In fact, I avoided that restaurant until one of my last days in Amarillo when I said that I had to go there before I left. I did not try for the 72 oz. steak, but I know people that did. Everyone that I knew that tried it, failed. Surprisingly, the steaks there (the ones that weren't half a cow) were pretty good.

*Edit*

I forgot to mention the dust storms. Lubbock has dust storms.

Texas%20steak.jpg

READ MORE

...This being the job thread, I gotta say- That waitress looks absolutely thrilled with her job :hihi:

Call me a goober...I love my job. I'm really a content and happy person during the day, whille I'm at work. I basically approach my job as, simply, a relocation of me and my life to another locaton during the day. I don't change who I am, one bit, but, I just change what I'm doing, and I enjoy what I do, while I'm loaning myself to another person/corporation/business, etc. for pay. It's really laid back for me and I just do what I'm supposed to do and abide by policy....it's not that hard. And when I walk through the doors at "quitting time," I leave every single thing behind me when I walk through those doors. I really have to visit my files for about 20 minutes every morning, because, I have trouble remembering what I was doing when I left....I just don't bring that stuff home...EVER.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom