Falcons re-sign Stecker (Merged) (1 Viewer)

I have *no* problem wishing Stecker well. If Steck is the difference maker for the Falcons, then the Saints only have themselves to blame because there is no way that Stecker should be the difference maker.

Well Norwood has been dinged up all year long and our 3rd string back Jason Snelling has been playing some FB with Mughelli out. Snelling has been playing pretty well so i don't know why we signed Steck.

They signed him for help with the defensive gameplan. Don't act like you don't know. :hihi:

I heard this on the radio here in ATL a few min ago. The hosts were joking he was in a secluded room with a bright light on his face for three hours. What was more amusing is a caller called in to ask what the hosts thought about bringing , yes , Deuce.....
They questioned his status, and speculated he probably wanted too much money...gawd i love ATL sports radio:hihi:

But can he play safety?

We need to counter this by re-signing Fred McAfee.

OK Steckler, heres your sign

380px-Madden_NFL_09_Falcons_Logo_La.png

Good Luck Steck, just not this week... biggest heart on our team when he was with us.

Hmm, figures i wrote about this thing teams do signing guys who played for the upcoming opponents so the new team can pick their brain and then this happens. in Steck's case, the need seems legit and he's been gone a bit so i doubt as anotehr posted said he can tell them anything more than they already know. that being said, it wouldnt hurt or surprise me if the Saints swithched up a few signals,etc ahead of time.

I like Stecker. Hate to see him sign with the Falcons, but the man has to look out for himself.

The only NFC South team he hasn't played for is Carolina, correct?

I like Stecker. Hate to see him sign with the Falcons, but the man has to look out for himself.
Did you miss the part where his wife is an heiress? This is a "want to" not a "need to". He wants to play while he still can. It won't be much longer till he can't at all. If we were having a different type of year, I might not like this but I like Stecker so, eh, whatever.

Re: Falcons to sign veteran Stecker

One week signing I'm sure. Dirty tricks won't do the dirty birds any good.

Meh....nothing dirty about it. We've been known to do the same thing before. Steck was a good guy here, always took the role he was given and never complained. Was a solid contributor. I wish nothing but the best for him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom