Falcons re-sign Stecker (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Of all the RBs available, they pick up Stecker? Are they that desperate to pick his brain? Do they really think he can help them?

Why hasn't anyone signed Deuce?

I like Steck and wish him well but..... Get ready for the pain come Monday...

jonathan-vilma-getty.jpg

Here is how the conversation went:

Mike Smith: "So if we sign you, anything you can tell us about the Saints will be helpful."
Stecker: "No problem, I'll tell you everything you need to know"
Mike Smith: "OK, just sign here..."
Stecker after he signs: "You're screwed, just forfeit now...where's my check?"

stecker will be a huge help or he wouldnt be signed, he will recognize our formations and be able to tell the defense what coverage to be in., but at home we will mix up the snap like the giants and they will have trouble getting a pass rush

stecker will be a huge help or he wouldnt be signed, he will recognize our formations and be able to tell the defense what coverage to be in., but at home we will mix up the snap like the giants and they will have trouble getting a pass rush

this is a completely different offense from years past. i don't see stecker being able to give them anything that film study won't.

Did you miss the part where his wife is an heiress? This is a "want to" not a "need to". He wants to play while he still can. It won't be much longer till he can't at all. If we were having a different type of year, I might not like this but I like Stecker so, eh, whatever.

I did miss that. And actually I was thinking more about his time is short and not so much a Chuck Grant "I have children to feed" standpoint. :ezbill:

The Falcons are just trying to figure out where the Saints buried all those awards from '06.

Last edited:
The NFL changes way to much from year to year. There are probably a few things Steck will be able to tell Smith, but I'm sure we have quite a few new wrinkles in our offense that he doesn't know. This isn't anything to worry about, he won't be able to tell Smith much of anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom