Famous/Infamous Villains (1 Viewer)

It looked like Sun was going to say Dr Doom was the best Marvel villain- that’s a hard one
It’s interesting to me that there’s much less ambiguity about DC villains- they are classic moustache twillers
But Kingpin, Trask/Sentinels, kinda sorta Norman Osborne, and Capt America villains are archetypes
Otoh
Magneto, killmonger, Thanos, Galactus, Doc Ock, et al are much more ambiguous
(Not sure where to put Loki)
I see Loki as a villain and a very like able one as well.
Brainiac and lex Luther are good ones too

Auric Goldfinger.

In addition to to those already mentioned

Schillinger from Oz

Megatron

Denzel in Training Day

Bane in the Batman Knightfall saga

Joker (both Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill)

Does Gaius Baltar from battlestar galactica count? Or is he more of an anti hero?

Last edited:
In addition to to those already mentioned

Schillinger from Oz

Megatron

Denzel in Training Day

Bane in the Batman Knightfall saga

Joker (both Heath Ledger and Mark Hamill)

Does Gaius Baltar from battlestar galactica count? Or is he more of an anti hero?
Oohhhhh good question with Gaius
Kind of like John Locke or Ben Linus on Lost it depends on which part of the story
When he was hiding evidence and manipulating data about cylons definitely a villain
He was probably the worst when he was the puppethead on the colony
But he was ultimately redeemed, no?

It’s been awhile since I watched battle star but I remember Gaius’ actions were always more being about self preservation or self interest than truly villainous

Even when he became president or leader of that cult he was just taking advantage of the opportunities that were presented to him

And for the most part the opportunities were presented to him, he didn’t seek them out or create them

Am I remembering right?

It’s been awhile since I watched battle star but I remember Gaius’ actions were always more being about self preservation or self interest than truly villainous

Even when he became president or leader of that cult he was just taking advantage of the opportunities that were presented to him

And for the most part the opportunities were presented to him, he didn’t seek them out or create them

Am I remembering right?
This is how I remember it. Also, as gmr said, I believe his character was redeemed in the end.

Am I remembering right?
Well it’s why I was wishy-washy about Norman Osborn — to what degree is he in control of his actions to say he’s villainous?
6 was pulling his strings the 1st half of the series (and who was pulling her strings?)
You’re bringing up the cult is an interesting point - I ‘think’ that was when he was first trying to break from 6’s control
and then I ‘think’ that is when she starts questing her own programming

For the humansCavil is an unambiguous villain - everything else is good and squishy

Oohhhhh good question with Gaius
Kind of like John Locke or Ben Linus on Lost it depends on which part of the story
I don't think the real Locke was ever a villain. Once he was "resurrected," it was Smokey/Man in Black using John's body. Ben Linus is interesting. He went from being a character I despised to being my favorite and one I actively rooted for, but it's hard to look past some of the awful things he did throughout this series.

I've been binge-watching Killing Eve (Villanelle rocks) and the subject of villains seemed like a decent/indecent topic.

So... Who are your favorite or most hated villains in history, movies, television, literature, EE (Hi GMR), etc.

I'll start with some obvious ones.

History

(tie) Joseph Stalin and Adolph Hitler

Two of the biggest mass murderers in history. Enough said.

Mao just never gets the attention these 2 get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom