Favorite Apple? (1 Viewer)

One of the only things I miss about living in upstate NY is the apples. Jonagolds are good, but my favorite is Macoun, which probably nobody but parlorcitysaint has ever heard of. I think they don't ship well. Close second is Cortland. I like the kinds that are so tart they bring tears to your eyes. Red delicious? Give me a break. ?

This response came to my head immediately and I figured it would be one of the first responses. I was more and more amazed as I went through the first three pages only to realize the date of the OP. :covri:

My absolute favorite is honeycrisp. 2nd favorite is cripps pink or pink lady, 3rd favorite is jonagold
Growing up i most loved granny smith, followed by golden delicious (before we had all these other choices more commonly available).

I cant stand red delicious, as they are like bland mush to me.

I'm looking forward to the new Cosmic Crisp apple. Cross between Honey Crisp and Enterprise. Stores extremely well. Great flavor and texture.

This article talks about it and much more about the apple industry. Long read, but absolutely worth it.

Has anyone had the new cosmic crisp?

I recently tried wine crisp which I had never heard of

Good and actually tasted like white wine

Has anyone had the new cosmic crisp?

I recently tried wine crisp which I had never heard of

Good and actually tasted like white wine

I've got my wife on alert to buy these for me..

Meanwhile, I'm waiting on the new MacBook Pro. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom